Saturday, January 2, 2010

And then there was Christmas!!

Christmas was nearly ruined for me this year when little Skylar, who still believes in all the magic, came toddlig downstairs at 2 am before Santa had finished delivering the goods. I quickly ushered her back to bed but I was sure it was over. I was so upset I admit that I cried a little. I never wanted this day to come, even though I knew it would soon. To my surprise, the next morning she didn't seem fazed at all and the joy and excitement was still there. Hooray!!! I love the first moments before the kids head downstairs, full of awe and wonder. The anticipation in the air makes all of the months of preparation and late nights wrapping it up totally worth it. I love watching Christmas morning through the eyes of my adorable little ones.Skylar scored the Nintendo DS this year and was so excited! She then entered DS mode and spent the entire day behind that thing. She also loved getting her new Webkinz Kangaroo. I loved that the magic was still in her eyes!








Nick was so excited to get his Webkinz Fox that was at the top of his list and the coolest Batwings that he has had as his heart's desire for over a year.








McKade was hilarious this year! He was so excited about every present and would open up each with tons of enthusiasm and kiss the box and then act like he was fainting. It was so funny to watch. His favorites were his Trick Track Hotwheels (which was kissed for well over a minute) and the digital camera that he has wanted more than anything!!








Alexis totally loved Christmas! She knew exactly what to do with all the loot. She got a Laugh & Learn chair that she adores and she was so cute with her crawling baby and baby Cinderella. But above all, the princess cell phone she got in her stocking was her favorite thing. Of course.


Together, the boys got the new Anti-gravity RC cars. They were super stoked. There were also lots of LEGOS for all but Santa especially scored big by getting the new Toy Story LEGOS that aren't even in stores yet. Santa is just awesome, huh?








As for Ben and I, we were more than happy to finally get a new camera we so desperately need and Guitar Hero World Tour.








My parents made a quick stop by to see all the loot and show off the cool nose warmer they had received. Alexis was so excited they were there and cuddled right up with Grandpa for a much needed snooze.








Ben's family-his mom, brother Dave, sister Jessi, and cousin, Rosie and her husband Josh-came over in the afternoon and we had a great time eating and opening presents.








Jessi brought over her new rat-dog, Lucy, which kind of stressed out Darth Catter but fully entertained our kiddos.








And a party isn't complete without a little Rockband. We had a great time relaxing and enjoying the day together!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! The kids' faces are priceless!!

lindseyfrancom said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas!

Tell Nick he can come over and play with the bumble bee head and gun anytime he wants too!