Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 1: The Long Drive

We decided to try and do the long drive to California in one day. Our goal was to leave by 7:30 am. Surprisingly we were able to actually pull out of our driveway by 8:15 and only made three trips back to get stuff we forgot! This is extremely good for us considering that we're always leaving at least 2 hours after our goal! Yeah for us!! I wish I could personally thank the person that invented the automobile TV/DVD. It is heaven and is the only way we could possibly make a drive that long in one day. Even Alexis was entertained as she watched through her little mirror. It's a lifesaver, I tell ya! Note to the Tongs. We played the spot the first Joshua Tree game, of course, and you know why you can't find it? It's totally falling over. That just makes the trip to St. George a little more sad!

The drive was long but uneventful and we only hit bad traffic in Las Vegas. We finally made it to Carlsbad about 8 pm and the first thing we did was stop at the beach. I love the ocean and I just couldn't wait to see it! The boys and I took a little walk down to the ocean. I love to see it at night. There's something about it that is so amazing and more powerful than in the day. It's so cool!

No comments: