Monday, April 27, 2009

8 Item Tag

Okay, so we just got back from Cali and I have so much to share about that but there's a pile of laundry I'm working on and I just don't have time. I'll do this since supposedly I'm pretty late at getting around to it. Here you go Stacy!

8 Item Tag...I'm joining the TagEd - You're it now! Here are the rules: 1) Post rules on your blog 2) Answer the six '8' items 3) Let each person know by leaving them a comment.

8 favorite TV shows:
1. Scrubs
2. 30 Rock
3. The Office
4. CSI: Las Vegas
5. Chuck
6. CSI:NY
7. LOST
8. Better off Ted-new, but I am digging it!

8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Arrived in St. George at 2 am and was lucky that our kids slept until 9 am so Ben and I could get 7 hours of sleep!
2. Went over to my friend Lisa's house for a visit and some yummy lunch. We then had too much fun hanging and chatting that we made them totally late for church! I'm a bad influence!
3. Drove a lot.
4. Stopped in Scipio for a bathroom break and some squeaky cheese (cheese curd). This is not as good or as squeaky as I remember but my kids loved it!
5. Drove some more.
6. Arrived in gloomy, chilly Orem and cursed the fact that I live here.
7. Unpacked the kids and the car, and began on the mountain of laundry we have after a 10 day vacation.
8. Exhausted, I collapsed on the couch to watch Scrubs with my sweet hubby. We love that show!

8 Things I'm looking forward to:
1. The unpacking to be done. This is the worst thing about traveling!
2. Warm weather, maybe, someday? Come on, Mother Nature, it is almost May!!!
3. Going to Lagoon on Saturday for Skylar's dance competition. Lagoon will definitely pale in comparison to Disneyland but I get to spend the whole day alone with Skylar. I can't believe I live the life of a dancer's mom!
4. Once the warm weather hits, some major summer camping! Ben is no longer in Scouts so I'm bringing the camping back!
5. Oh, those summer nights!
6. The kid's bathroom is getting closer to being done!
7. Kade's 5th birthday is only 23 months away and that means more Disneyland!!
8. I just came up with a brilliant idea! Since none of our friends want to go on a cruise to Alaska, I'm trying to convince Ben that him and I should go for our 15th anniversary in 3 years. I'm going to have to do some major sweet talking though so I'm starting right now.

8 Favorite restaurants:
1. Anthony's Fishette in San Diego-yes, I got me some this trip!
2. Boudin Bakery in San Francisco-thanks to California Adventure I also got some of this! Yum!!
3. Red Lobster-I'll take what I can get in this land locked state
4. Costa Vida-the Ranch dressing there is soooo delicious!
5. California Pizza Kitchen-Carne Asada-yum!
6. Sizzler-a little ghetto, but the Texas Toast can't be beat.
7. Yamato-Domo origato!
8. Bombay House
Um, now I'm hungry!

8 Things on my wish list:
1. More time for myself. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting that anytime soon.
2. To be vibrant and excited about life even as I get older-my Grandpa lived to be 102 and enjoyed every minute of it!
3. That my kids will be happy, good people that are close to the gospel, me, and to each other.
4. That Ben and I will still be so in love when we're 75 that we hold hands like lovesick teenagers like the couple we saw at Disneyland.
5. That someday I will live close enough to the ocean that I can visit it at least weekly.
6. I don't want a lot of money-just enough to have what we need and enough that I don't owe anybody anything.
7. Okay, I would like some money so that I could buy a motor home and travel the country. After that I'd travel the world-but not in the motor home.
8. Um, I'm blanking. Unwritten Law, and possibly U2 and Jack Johnson are coming in concert. I'd so love to go.


People I tag:
Oh man, I don't know who to tag. I'm tagging everyone!!!

2 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

Welcome back! Thanks for doing the tag! Wasn't it well worth it?!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am really happy to discover this. great job!