Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekly Wrap-up

This has been quite the week with Skylar starting school and Soffee's kittens being born. Skylar has LOVED kindergarten!! She comes home everyday so excited and ready to share every detail of her day. I'm so glad that she loves it so much. She's so cute. Since Skylar was in school everyday this week, we settled more into the school night routine and didn't do too much throughout the week. On Thursday, Ben and Skylar finally got to have their daddy/daughter date at 7 Peaks since kids under 5 aren't allowed in pools because of the freaky virus going around. I stayed at home with the boys and played outside. Kade is OBSESSED with skateboarding right now and it's all that he wants to do. He loves it! It's really funny.
Friday night brought our last Owlz game of the season. It was the mascot, Hootz's, birthday so they had a bunch of his "friends" (other mascots from around the area) there to celebrate. There's nothing like a bunch of freaky guys in costume to make the night entertaining. They had a pinata for the kids-a disaster with 100 kids-but the kids loved it! We had a good time.
Saturday was our busy day. My niece, Katie, was baptized. Nick decided after seeing her that it didn't look as bad as it had when my other niece, Mae, was baptized last month. I asked him if he'd changed his mind about being baptized and he said "Me will do it if you go with me." I told him that Dad would help him get baptized and he said " Okay. Me will do it if Daddy holds my hand." What a cutie! We had a nice lunch at my brother's house, complete with nuzzies from Grandpa!
After the baptism, most of the family headed for the BYU football game. My mom, Ben, and I stayed at our house to babysit the little kids-our kids and my sister's two girls. Skylar was so excited to get to spend the entire day with her cousins. They had such a fun time. Of course, the kittens were a big hit. Soffee's so sweet, but still very concerned, about letting the kids hold them. If we only hold two at a time, it makes her much more relaxed.
Our friends, the Stuebners, blessed their little girl, on Sunday. It was nice to go to that and the great lunch afterwards. As I watched my husband help with both the confirmation of my niece on Saturday and the blessing on Sunday, I felt so glad that I was married to someone that could hold the priesthood. Skylar also received a Father's blessing on Monday before starting school. The priesthood is such a comfort in our home. I swear the only time our kids sit completely still is when he's giving them a blessing. I'm so glad that we are able to benefit from it.

No comments: