Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My new favorite thing

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the ocean, whales, dolphins, fish, etc., etc. and since I don't live near the ocean, my fishtank is the closest thing I have to it. They also know that I love things to be clean! So once a month I suffer to clean my fishtank. Well, this very strange looking device is my new favorite thing. It is the JBJ Instant Siphon Gravel Cleaner. It is used for cleaning fishtanks. It is seriously awesome. Most gravel cleaners require you to suck the air out somehow to create a siphon. The suggested thing to suck with? Your mouth!!! So you need to suck gross dirty water out of your fishtank into your mouth!! Disgusting!! Ben insists that he won't kiss me if I do that and since I want him to kiss me and the idea of sucking the yuck out of the fishtank isn't appealing to me, I suffer each month trying to create a siphon by pushing the darned vacuum back and forth a million times to create a siphon. It's very complicated and takes me forever to do-but it eventually works and I don't have to suck the water! Anyway, I was determined to find something that worked better and I found this. The little pump thing creates the siphon for you-no sucking involved! It works so well. It usually takes me about 2 1/2 hours to clean my whole fishtank-this cut it down to 1/2 hour! Amazing and well worth the added cost! It will really make a big difference in my life-adding an extra 2 hour onto my month for ME time-every second counts, right? Maybe I'll have to upgrade to a bigger tank now....

No comments: