Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekly Wrap-up

Another busy week. As life goes on, I'm figuring it out that there really never seems to be slow weeks anymore. Ben says this is mostly my fault because I set myself up for craziness as I attempt to do the impossible sometimes. He's totally right. Monday brought canning peaches and pears. I had never done pears before and I was a little scared about doing them but they weren't that hard. Every time I take on canning, I think "What did I get myself into?" But I was able to pretty much get everything done in one day since Skylar had a friend over and the boys were asleep in the afternoon. I was so proud of myself that I decided to can more pears on Friday afternoon. We ended up with 32 jars of peaches and 36 jars of pears! I'm hoping that will last us two years because I'm definitely taking next year off!!!
So after the canning I definitely deserved a Girl's Night Out which came on Thursday night. My friends and I got together for dinner and a little shopping. We hadn't gotten together pretty much all summer for a night out and this was definitely overdue. It's always nice to have girl talk, even though most of it ends up being about our kids!
Friday night we had a block party at our house. We have a few neighbors who basically don't get along and we're kind of in the middle of it all. We had a good turnout and hopefully this will help to
make the neighbors more friendly to one another. If not, at least we had a good time and some good food.
Saturday we drove up to the Hanamaikais house in Ogden for a birthday party for Ame. Ame is almost a year younger than Skylar but they continue in their daddys' footsteps and are instant best friends once they get together. It's so fun. Brittany and I were commenting on how cute they were holding hands and wondering at what point do you get to old to stop holding hands with your friends? Definitely too soon when you have good friends. I wish I had a picture of it but I was too lazy to get the camera out of the car. Ben had a LAN party on Saturday night and had to be a little late because of the party. That's the true test of friendship-Ben being late so he could be with Quinn and his family!
Anyway, we rearranged the seats in our teeny tiny car to put Nick in a booster and so Skylar and Nick sit next to each other now.
We really need to get off our butts and buy a bigger car! But for now, this has definitely been better for everyone as it cuts down a little on the whole Nick and Kade feud and Skylar and Nick can now spend long rides creating exciting stories and playing their "games". I'm so glad they're such great buddies. Now we just need to work on the boys getting along!!
Today Ben had to speak in church about morality. I guess he had to be "pre-approved" by our bishop to take on the heavy topic. He did a great job. He's such a good man. I am the luckiest.

1 comment:

C said...

I can't decide if I want to take on canning or just keep freezing. I'm so afraid we'll all die of botulism! :)