Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring Break!!

So Spring Break was a couple of weeks back and even though we didn't have the chance to get away we still had a great week! We started out the week cleaning the kiddos' rooms out. The kids weren't too stoked about it, but it has to be done, and they were excited to finally get the summerish clothes out. We still had fun on Monday night when we had a cookout for FHE. We decided to try using our Easter Peeps up and roasting them for s'mores. They were definitely diferent...and super sugary...but it was fun for a change. Plus, they looked very colorful!
 
  On Tuesday we went shopping for more summerish clothes for the big kids who insist on growing all of the time. Later on we went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I love that show! I still remember going to see it in the theater back in the day and really wanted to see it on the big screen with the kids. We had a fun time!  
 Wednesday was our busy day! We started out the morning at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple where the kids got their pictures taken by my friend, Brandy. Nick asked to have his baptism pictures taken there so I decided to just throw in a photo shoot of the rest of the kids while we were at it. Brandy did a great job! I'll post the pictures later. It was a beautiful morning and the temple grounds looked gorgeous!!
Afterwards we headed up to Salt Lake for a fun-filled day. We stopped at a park to eat our picnic lunch. The kids thought it was the best park ever! It had this little slider thing that they could not get enough of. Seriously, I think we could've stayed there all day had we not had other plans.

But other plans we had. We had decided to use our Pass of all Passes to check out the new attraction that was just added, bowling!! Skylar tried bowling for the first time without the little ramp thing for kids. She did awesome!! In fact everyone did! I think all of us got at least one strike! Thank heavens for the rails, eh? We had a great time!
Isn't it awesome how Nick's & Kade's strike pictures look so similar? They were stoked!!

Some were antsy to finish bowling so we could head over to the Aquarium!! We love having that annual pass!
Alexis wants me to take a picture every time we go of her standing by the penguins. She always leaves the one on the far left and calls it Gabriel's penguin. Awww....she loves her little brother so much!
I hate piranhas! I've mentioned that a few billion times, I'm sure. Going to the aquarium often is seriously helping me face this phobia though. It still gives me the heebie jeebies to see them, but look how far I've come. I'm actually sitting near the tank and not freaking out! Actually, looking at the picture does freak me out! How did I do that?!?
I have two children that totally share my love for animals. Can you tell which ones? They definitely belong to me! I love that they are not afraid to get their hands on the different animals at the aquarium.

We always have fun at the aquarium!   
  
Thursday was a special day to remember Gabriel. It was "wear a star in memory of our little stars in heaven" day. So I know there's a lot of these days to remember our babies in heaven, but those are always good days for us. If Gabriel was here, we'd be doing something for and with him every day. We love having the opportunity to remember him in some way. We all wore our stars somewhere, but Skylar definitely won the prize for decking herself in the most stars! We love you our little star, Gabriel!
We were excited to get a day to spend with the Tongs! We miss them a lot when school is in session and we can't get together as much. We went to see We Bought a Zoo and then went to the mall and had lunch and played on the dinosaur stuff. Everyone had a really fun time!

There was still Friday too but that gets its own post! Stay tuned!!

No comments: