Friday, May 18, 2012

Nick's Special Day

 We were so excited about Nick's baptism! When Nick was about 3 he told me he never wanted to get baptized! He also told me he never wanted to grow up and that he would never move away from me and didn't want to be anything when he grew up so he could just be with me. Awww....sweet, but I'm glad he's changing his mind now. He made the important decision to be baptized and he's also decided that when he grows up he will be a zoo keeper if I work at his zoo with him. Anyway, I know the most important decision we can ever make is to choose to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and choose to follow our Savior and His gospel. Nick is such a good boy and I'm so glad he made this decision all by himself!
He was so excited that he got a white towel with his name on it from our Primary. What a special gift! I was a little bummed that I didn't get to be the one to wrap it around him and ask him how he felt immediately after his baptism (like I did with Skylar). I was tempted to sneak back into the men's dressing room so I could share that special moment! 
Nick was just beaming about getting baptized! He was the only one from our ward being baptized that morning so the program was all his choice. He asked McKade to say the opening prayer, his cousin, Mark, to play the piano, Mark's wife, Kelly, to be the chorister, Skylar to give the talk on baptism (Way to go Sky!), his cousins to sing Baptism together for the musical number, his Grandma Cammi to speak about the gift of the Holy Ghost, and his Grandma Diane to say the closing prayer. It was a really great program.
  
Nick was baptized by his dad and the witnesses were his Grandpa Bill and Grandpa Bruce.  He was also confirmed a member of the church and given the gift of the Holy Ghost.
 Here's our one and only family picture of the day. Kade is a major goofball!
Nick was excited to have so many people come to his baptism! He's a lucky kid to have so many that love him! Here's some of his older cousins. My kids are the youngest in the family but the big cousins are still so awesome to my kids! 
 
Nick is always excited when his BFF, Dylan, can come! 
Since Nick was getting baptized on Cinco de Mayo he was really excited about us having a Fiesta lunch for him! We went over to our church for it. With the help of friends and family we had a really yummy meal with Cafe Rio style burritos and tacos and lots of other yummy food! 
 Thanks to all of the family and friends that came to support Nickolas on his special day!! We had such a wonderful time celebrating Nick's awesome decision to be baptized!
 Nick is such a special kid and I am so blessed to be his mom! He is such a wonderful example of love and kindness. He has spent a lot of time reading in the Book of Mormon and praying and fasting for a testimony of the gospel and I'm so thankful that he made this decision to be baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know he will continue to make great decisions the rest of his life because he's such a great kid!  I love you Nickolas Duncan!!!


1 comment:

Julie said...

What a cutie in his suit! Loved the photo shoot! Tell him not to count Chloe out for future. Just saying.