Sunday, May 6, 2012

50 Years of Wedded Bliss

April 13th was my parent's 50th Anniversary! I think that's an amazing thing, especially these days! We decided to celebrate as a family by going to the place they had their wedding breakfast 50 years ago, the Lion House.
We had our own room for our family to meet in. 
Here's the girl table. Skylar is so lucky to have so many girl cousins near her age! Counter clockwise: Mae, Kylie, Kira, Katie, Bailey, & Skylar
Here's the more mature table. Counter clockwise: KellyAnn, Mark, Bruce (my dad), Diane (my mom), Cindy, & Jerry (my brother)
Here's the less mature table. :) Counter clockwise: McKade, Nick, Al (my brother), Stephanie (my sister), Jim, Ben, Alexis, & me (not pictured, thank goodness)! 
Here's the happy couple....50 years (along with 7 kids and 25 grandkids) of wedded bliss!!
The grandkids (give or take) 
The whole group!
We had a really yummy dinner, a chance to share our gratitude for our parents and our family, the opportunity to hear testimonies of the gospel and the importance of eternal families, time to take a bunch of pictures, and we had a really nice evening together. We missed the few of us that couldn't make it to celebrate. We plan on having another celebration in the summer when hopefully everyone can make it!! 

We gave my parents this picture of them from their wedding day with their wedding song, When I Fall in Love, written on the mat. I think they liked it. At least my mom cried and my dad teared up.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!! You two are an amazing example to all of us! You have always showed us the strength of your marriage as you've worked through your trials and joys with faith in our Savior and the gospel. You have always strived to give our family lots of time making memories together. I have always felt your love and concern for every member of our family and I know you ache for those that aren't able or willing to be with us, but know that the rest of us have so much respect and love for your efforts to keep us together as a family. Thank you for all you've done! We love you and know the next 50 years and eternity are going to be wonderful too!! 

No comments: