Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 5: Whale Watching/The Beach

So I've been working on that to do list of mine and crossing off as many things as I can. We figured that it being whale migration season that it was the perfect opportunity to cross off one of my most desired on the list, item # 28, whale watching. So I found a good deal on a trip and off we went:
The kids were pretty excited at the prospect of seeing a whale, especially Nick, and definitely me! We headed out, saw some sea lions right off the bat, and soon saw some dolphins! There were tons of dolphins all over the boat. It was pretty cool. Somehow we only managed one picture with a dolphin actually in the shot but they were everywhere! It was really cool! The entire month before the day we went out, the boat saw gray whales on every trip so we totally thought we would....and we didn't! We went on the bum week! There weren't any whales the entire week we were there...our theory is that maybe the tsunami in Japan effected it. Bummer! Needless to say we were a little disappointed and I was bummed I couldn't cross off item #28. But, on the bright side, that means I have to go again!! It was so fun so I'm not complaining too much!









Oh, and if anyone is wondering if we got seasick, we didn't! I forced ginger down the kids for three days before our trip and everyone was fine....well, not everyone on the boat. Yuck!









After the whale trip, we headed back to our condo for our "relax" day. We just hung out at the beach for a bit and chilled. Oh & Kade did the robot...video to come soon.








My little beach bums:








Playing in the sand. It was chilly. They kids did not seem to notice:















Do we dare go into the freezing ocean?
















Skylar and Nick decide to "surf" on the boogie boards. It wasn't pretty. I tried it too. It was less pretty...there will be no pictures of that:
















Oh, how I wish this was weekly activity for us. We love the beach!After freezing at the beach for a bit, we headed back to the condo for some semi-warm swimming and a nice short soak in the hot tub. It was such a fun day!!





No comments: