Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 4: Sea World

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a major fan of the sea life and such so I was aching to go to Sea World. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to be a dolphin trainer. Serious. I had big plans as a kid to be a marine biologist when I grew up until my mom pointed out that it wasn't the most mom-friendly types of jobs. I chose to be a mom instead and love every minute of that...not that I still wouldn't love to do what these dolphin trainers do later on...when I'm grown up, of course. By the way, we loved the dolphin show but just wished there were more dolphins in it!!
















At the tide pools:
















The Shamu show is always amazing:
We all got soaked on the water rides & then froze our tooshys off visiting the Artic stuff:









I heart Belugas:









Ben and I each took a turn going on Atlantis with Skylar. The rest of the kids were way too cold to venture onto a wet ride again, especially since it was kind of a chilly day (so of course we wore shorts, right?) Skylar was a good sport considering we were wet and so cold! After we went to the manna ray tanks. They are beautiful! The littles were already tuckered out by these pics:








Our only family pic at Sea World! How cool would this car be to own?:
A trip to San Diego isn't complete without a stop at my absolute favorite place to eat, Anthony's. Seriously, I really dig this place. They have the best fresh shrimp and fish and chips ever! I've loved Anthony's forever and love when we can work a visit into a trip. We also got to watch the beautiful sunset over the San Diego bay. What an awesome day!!








We love California!!

No comments: