Friday, October 15, 2010

Remembering Gabriel & Naki

I have a strong testimony that the Lord knows just who needs to be put in our paths to help us through our lives, at times of joy and sorrow. The first day that Ben and I saw our home we knew the second we drove up that it was where we were supposed to be. I know that part of us needing to be here was so that we could meet our wonderful friends, the Mailes. They have found a place in our hearts forever. I think that the Lord definitely knew that they would need us and we would need them. I am so very thankful for that.

Ben and I have been trying to figure out the best way to honor baby Gabe for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. We have decided that we are going to plant a tree in our backyard in his honor. So tomorrow, we are going to go find a tree. I'm sure we'll find the perfect one. I might need Abby's amazing gardening help to keep it alive since I greatly lack her ability to make anything grow in my yard. I hope that somehow that tree will find a way to comfort our family when we are especially missing our Gabriel.

After we pick out our tree, we will be attending this. You should come too:
I couldn't think of a better way to honor and remember our baby as to honor and remember a great man like Naki Maile. He's someone that I would love for my boys to grow up to be exactly like. What a great example Naki was and continues to be to our family. We love him and all of his 7 girls with all of our hearts. It's hard to believe that he's been gone a year now. We still miss him every day and still strive to be just like him and keep in our minds How Can We Be Like Naki? I don't doubt that Naki and Gabriel are some of the greatest missionaries that the Lord has now. What a blessing it is to have these amazing, wonderful spirits in our lives forever.

No comments: