Monday, October 11, 2010

Due Dates

Does everybody remember their babies' due dates? I always do. They're like engraved in my mind forever...along with my babys' birthdates. Today was Alexis's due date, two years ago today. Tonight we were laughing about how the kids never made their due dates. Skylar was 4 days late, Nick was 2 days late, Kade was 1 day late, and Alexis was 3 weeks early!! Even though we were laughing, my heart was aching because there's the one big looming due date, baby Gabe's due date, January 7, and I'm totally dreading that due date. I'm usually a huge, huge fan of the holidays. I love everything from this moment until New Year's Day. I savor every minute of all of the fun and hate to see it end. But for the first time in my entire life, I'm hoping the holidays come and go very quickly. Because they're definitely coming...and so is that due date.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Dates are definitely a hard thing. January 7th will never be just a date anymore. Ever. It's like when I saw when UEA weekend was this year. It suddenly wasn't UEA weekend anymore, but the same weekend as Naki's death. Certain dates are like that for me now, and so I certainly understand what you're saying. I hope that the holidays get to be enjoyable on some level for you again. Because you're such an excellent celebrator. Well, one day at a time. I pray for time to speed by, too.

Teri said...

Those due dates can be so dreadful. I'm sorry yours happens around the holidays. My due date with our baby was very close to my SILs birthday, and we were all so excited thinking they could share a birthday. Now when it is her day, there is still a little twinge of 'what if'. I hope you know how much you are loved. Our family prays for you always. Love you.

Melissa said...

I wish there was something I could say or do to help you. Just know you are continually in my prayers and I hope you find some comfort.

Unknown said...

Spencers due date was Jan 15 200. my sister miscarried twins 10 years ago and I for some reason also always remember her due date as well, it was may 10. I don't know why I remember that either.

I think we will always remember dates that are dear to us. ((hugs))