Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh boy, I've got joy!!

So somehow this crazy fun year of Joy School has come to an end. This year was our biggest group ever-6 moms, 6 kids! It was soooo nice to have such big long breaks between teaching. It really helped me to get things done like grocery shopping and visiting teaching because I was down to just Lex at home. When it was my turn to teach, it was a little crazy busy, but so much fun because we had such a great group. The best thing about this group was that they all just loved each other soooo much. We often had many times where I had to actually tell the kids that they needed to stop hugging so we could move to something else. What cute sweet kiddos!! Here's Kade with his buddy, Max. These boys had an especially hard time not loving each other too much.I had the opportunity to teach the last day of Joy school and we had such a great time talking about our families and how important they are to us. We talked about all of the brothers and sisters that had been in our group in the past and about the younger ones that will be joining our group next year. It's always a little sad to see some of the kids you've grown so attached to move on but it's so fun to get to know the next little ones. We had a fun little picnic-indoors, might I add, due to the freakin' snow that decided to hit our house on the 24th of May-what!?! The kids still had a blast!!We had our little Joy school graduation at the Hubert's house. We were actually supposed to have it in our backyard but moved indoors due to the snow mishap. Our program was perfect though and those kids were so proud of themselves for graduating! They looked so cute with their little caps and sang their hearts out! I can't help but mention the presence that was greatly missing this year, our wonderful Joy school dad, Naki. Wow, do we miss you Naki!! I was so glad that Abby still brought sweet Eli to Joy School and so proud of Eli braving out the ache she was going through every day without her dad so she could still be in our group. It wouldn't have been the same without the Mailes. I can't imagine Joy school without them. Here's a pic of us Joy School moms. These ladies just happen to be some of the best out there. I feel so lucky to be a part of this group of amazing women who strive to teach their kids to be the best they can be. Thanks moms for being such great teachers to my little Kade!! We have loved being a part of Joy School this year!!To my little Kadybug, thank you so much for being my sweet boy in Joy School this year and letting me have a chance to be your teacher. You have been so much fun to teach about the wonderful things in the world. I hope that you continue to have the excitement for learning that you have begun to have already. I'm so proud of the awesome boy you are becoming!! You are such a fun kid! I love you lots and lots and lots and lots!!!

4 comments:

lindseyfrancom said...

I love that picture of McKade holding up his papers! So cute! I also love that one of Max and McKade together- in the same shirts- so funny!

It was a fun group I loved being a part of it! This was a good post!

britt said...

we are going to have 7 in our group?! you are definitely going to have to give me some pointers!!!!

LindeeLulaBee said...

It was so fun! I'm sooo thankful I was able to be with ya'll again. Your so great and such a good mom, and joy school mom. I loved the long breaks in between too :) Thanks for all you did and do!!

Mindy said...

What a great experience for the kids and for the moms. What a wonderful group of woman they had teaching them. It must be sad to be over. I wish I could have done it with you great girls!