Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Star Wars...and to me!!

Well, today is the original Star Wars birthday!! And mine, by the way. Quite a coincidence that Star Wars came out on my first birthday, huh?Anyway, I had a wonderful birthday!! Let's just say that I had some big plans for celebrating this birthday this year...and they all fell through. I've been psyched for months about going to see U2 in concert next week and then Bono has to go and bust his back. And of course there's always the annual Memorial Day weekend camping trip something something in honor of my b-day...and it snows. So needless to say, I've been pretty darn bummed about all of this all week.
When Ben asked what I wanted to do for my birthday instead, I gave him an honest answer "Nothing." Doesn't that sound great? I mean, if I can't do all of the things I wanted, then for my birthday I wanted to do nothing. Sleep in, no working, no cleaning, just vegging. Awwww.....Skylar said it sounded like a boring birthday. I told her that for a busy mom like me that boring sounded like heaven. And it turned out being an awesome day! I highly recommend a nothing day for every mom's birthday!!
So I slept in (as long as possible until four bouncing kiddos came to smother me with kisses and shouts of "Happpy Birthday!) and before I could even get out of the shower my sweet friend was at my door, with breakfast and flowers! What a great start to the day!! Thank you wonderful friend!! After getting the kiddles out the door and prepping for my nothing day I headed to the school for the awards assembly where my sweet Skylar got an award for Top Academic-aka "The Smart Cookie" award. Way to go Sky! You make a momma proud!!The boys, Lex, and I grabbed some lunch at Costa Vida (yummy!) and headed home and took great naps! This is a new thing for me-a daily nap with Nicky Duncan. It's our deal so that Nick gets a little refresher since he often has rough nights. I'm totally loving this arrangement. The excuse to nap? Awesome! Today was even more soothing with my new sound machine given to me by another amazing friend. Thanks!! I was able to sleep through dog yapping and lawn mowing and felt so refreshed. After I got up, I checked my e-mail and was amazed at the love! Wow! Thanks everyone!! I also got phone calls, hugs, presents, cards, texts, etc., etc. I really felt so loved. Thanks to everyone that made my day special!!
After being inspired by Phineas and Ferb-and a little instruction from my great friend-my kids and I headed outside to the beauty of the day where I was told "Feet up, princess!" and then got my own little Spa day from my kids. Skylar and Kade rubbed my feet and hands and Alexis sat on my back while Nick rubbed my neck. The weather was perfect and it was so enjoyable!!








The kiddos relaxing after all of their hard work making me feel great:When Ben got home we headed out to dinner. I chose Tucano's because I couldn't possibly pass up on my free birthday meal. It's really the only time we can afford to go there. It was so yummy and the kids loved it-they think salad bars are the coolest-go figure. I even let them do the whole embarrass you with the loud congo drum birthday song thing for the sake of my kids. Tucano's knows how to treat you well.We stopped by Iceberg on the way home to get my free birthday shake-free stuff is awesome! Then we headed home for cake and ice cream. Ben got me a chocolate chocolate chip Nothing Bundt Cake. Okay, so I've heard these are good, but really they deserve the term scrupmptious! Ooooo...so yummy and moist. We then opened some presents and finally got the kids to bed super late. Let's just say I was very spoiled. My hubby and kids are so great!! Thanks again everyone for making my ho-hum birthday actually pretty fantastic!!Oh, and yes, those candles do say 24. I'm not arguing with the candles. Candles are always right.

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! "Nothing" really does sound nice. I wouldn't doubt that you turned 24 too! Another big fat HAPPY BIRTHAY to you!