Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sugar and Spice....And a Big Dash of Sass

Alexis has just been so stinkin' cute lately I felt it was high time I document it. Having a baby girl after two boys has been so much fun. Alexis is all girl and I am loving it! She's been so different from Skylar was when she was little. I guess I shouldn't be surprised-the boys are sooo different from one another. Skylar was girly to an extent but she had pretty much only boys around her until we moved here-the majority of my friends that had babies with me all had boys-so she's always had major boy influence and still is really into a lot of boy things like Legos, Star Wars, Superheroes, etc. Oh, and don't anyone mention to her that I said she has boy friends. She's kind of anti-boy friends right now and likes to keep that info on the down low until we get together with them and she has a great time. Anyway, it's been fun to girl out with Alexis. Some of the things she's super into right now:
~Looking "pretty". Okay, so Skylar has allowed me to put curlers in her hair once-really, just once. They lasted about 30 seconds. So a few weeks ago, Skylar had the idea to do it again-this time it lasted one curler. But Alexis was insistent that she be included in all of the primping. She sat so still and allowed me to doll her all up. Then she left them in forever and loved how pretty she was when they came out. I still don't do her hair too often, except for a clip, because as much as she loves it, she can't resist touching it, and then I just have to start over. I'm afraid I'm going to have to start doing some research on doing hair, since mine and Skylar's routines consist of a pick, a brush, and 30 seconds of mousse. I'm afraid Alexis is going to insist on more. She also loves to have her toenails painted and will actually sit and let you do it.
~She is really, really, really into baby dolls at the moment. She rocks them, kisses them, puts them in their carseat and stroller, and just totally mothers them. It is adorable. She is in complete awe of all babies right now and points them out wherever we go. We were at our friend's baby blessing a few weeks ago and she insisted on rocking the baby-even though he was practically the same size as her.
~Her very favorite baby doll would be Cinderella. She loves the Princesses but Cinderella has become her absolute favorite. She actually sat through most of the Cinderella DVD when I turned it on for Kade to watch-amazing! She of course had to have her doll and her purses. Those purses are attached to her almost constantly. A lady has to have her stuff. ~Make that dolls in general that she's into. She totally digs Barbies. They've got all that cool stuff.~As girly as she is, she still loves hangin' with her bros, whom she has totally wrapped around her finger. Those boys treat her like a princess-just like they should.
~She is really into chairs right now. She loves nothing more than climbing a chair and just sitting there all big. Bring a comic book along to read (upside down, but hey, it's Spiderman anyway, right?) and then she knows she's just the coolest.
~She's also really into coloring and playing with play-doh-which of course she taste tests every time we get it out.
~But if you really want to know what is Alexis's favorite thing of the day, you just need to check her stroller. This is where she stores her treasures of things she deems to be cool. We find all sorts of fun things in there. Underneath Nick's camera there are her new shoes, "ishes". She's really into shoes at the moment. But what girl isn't?~As cute as this girl is, she sure can throw a nightmare of a tantrum. We are learning very quickly that Alexis has a major attitude about what she is entitled to in this life and if she does not get it, watch out. She is a screamer! Sometimes its kind of funny because she just has so many major emotions coming out of that tiny body. But sometimes it's scary because she jerks like a crazy and throws her head back. I'm pretty sure one of these days, that noggin is going to hit something that just doesn't give and we're going to end up with some stitches. She can be so frustrating at times. But soon enough she'll calm down and flash one her new cheesy smiles at us, and of course all is forgiven and we're enamored with her. We just can't help it. She's our Lexi.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

ok she is SOO stinkin cute!! I could just eat her. I also can't believe how big she is looking. love her darling little face!

Alisa said...

She sounds a lot like Amelia at that age! Amelia really liked girly hair-dos, and I have always had short hair, so I didn't know what to do with her. I would send her over to Stephanie Harbican when we lived by her, and she would do Amelia's hair all cute because she only had boys and wished she had a girl! It was a good arrangment while it lasted.

Mindy said...

Oh my, they don't come much cuter than Alexis. I agree with Arianne, I could just eat her up! Enjoy every minute, it's priceless!

britt said...

what a cutie! Oh the joy o girly girls!!!

Laurie said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how big she is!

BBC said...

she is so adorable!!!!

Julie said...

Those are some great pics. She is a total cutie.

angie said...

She really is so cute Cyndi! I love the pic with the couple of curlers in her hair! She has such pretty and long eyelashes! What a cute girl!

Beck said...

OK seriously I could copy and paste that post and sub in pics of Alli. Bc they are IDENTICAL!!! Baby dolls, purses, thinking she is entitled to whatever she wants, sitting on small chairs, low stairs, or in someones lap if theyre on the floor. Too funny how alike they are. Must be the age. Such a cute post! And fun to see another little girl act exactly like Alli.

Teri said...

She's a doll. And totally reminds me of Chloe. Chloe loves painting her toenails, wearing skirts/dresses, putting on blush.....maybe they should get together for a spa day! :)

lindseyfrancom said...

Well, you already know I am obsessed with this little girly!

I'm so glad you did this post. I love girly girls. I want one!

Channing throws his head back too, he had hit his head a ton but he continues to do it! Oh well!