Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Think My Heart is Glowing

So yay for the Olympics! I love watching them! We are all sorts of behind so we just barely watched the Opening ceremony yesterday afternoon (thank heavens for DVRS!). Watching the torch carried made me miss my Grandpa and think back to that awesome day 8 years ago when he got to carry the Olympic Torch on his 100th birthday. P.S. If you heard me talk in church the other day-this is that same grandpa I talked about. That man was the coolest! Last night Ben and I stayed up way too late to watch the Snowboarding Halfpipe. Oh, it was so awesome! I remember back in the day when Tony Hawk met little boy Shaun White at some skatepark and was totally in awe of his skills. To have Tony Hawk in awe is amazing! It's been so great to kind of see Shaun White grow up, in a sense, and continue to do so many amazing things. He seems so humble about it too, which is great. I was glad he beat out Japan's goatee-stroaking Kazuhiro Kokubo, who seemed the opposite. I loved how, after he'd already won gold, Shaun was at the top of the hill debating if he should just go straight down or do some trick and then he comes down and does a Double McTwist! Woot! Woot! Shaun White!
So whenever I watch the Olympics there's always some event that I totally dream of doing. In the summer, it's women's slalom kayaking-oh yeah! That looks so hard but so much fun. There was some lady last time that was like 40 or something so it's still totally achievable, right? As for the winter Olympics, I'm such a huge fan of the luge. I know it's crazy dangerous but it's just the bomb. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the luge events. It's so sad that they had such tragedy overshadow it. I hear that they have some kind of luge thing up in Park City and I totally want to try. I could totally do it too. I used to be quite the expert on the "skateboarding luge". Or maybe I was just crazy.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Ha, you are so cute! We stayed up late to watch the snowboarding last night too. Shaun white was amazing!!

Heidi said...

I think that you need to get together with my girls. They are already planning their future luge careers. They would like to do the two-man one, but will settle on going at it as singles.
We actually had luge practice on the driveway the other night. i should have called you to come over.

angie said...

I love that pic from back in the day! Go Cyndi!

Abby said...

Love this pic of you...Eli's not convinced it's actually you...

Mindy said...

What a wonderful memory with your grandpa! You look super awesome on your luge! I want to try too!

lindseyfrancom said...

I am so sad I missed EVERYTHING. I love DVR's too but we don't have TV :(. Thanks for the post though, I got a little glimpse from the view of Cindy!!!