Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Baby Boy Is Big!!

My baby boy, Kade, is now 4!! I was just getting used to the idea that he was 3 so I'm going to really miss my 3 year old. It really seems as if the last 4 years have been a blur and I wish I could go back and savor again every minute of this cute boy's life. Kade is really such a fun little boy and is always up for an adventure! I love how much excitement he has about things and I can only imagine all the many things he's going to do with it. That kid and I have some big plans of crazy stuff we're going to do together-scuba diving, surfing, learning to luge, and the list goes on. We're going to have a blast! He's also promised me that even if he keeps getting bigger, that he will always be my baby boy. He'll even suck his thumb until he's a grandpa and give me smooches and cuddles forever. Ahhh....I love that kid, thumb sucking and all.
We love the birthdays around here and so we had to celebrate big. If the birthday just happens to land near a weekend that means the entire weekend is spent celebrating, so we had a great weekend of fun! Kade's birthday was Friday, the 19th, and we began the day by having his favorite breakfast, German Pancakes-we even sang and had him blow out candles on his "cake".
Later on, Kade, Alexis, and I took a trip to Coldstone to get Kade's free ice cream. Alexis knew just what to do and climbed right up on the chair ready to participate in all of the fun eating. It's a good thing I got an extra one or I think we would've had a very unhappy girl. We then went to get some delicious Island BBQ from our friends, the Maile's, for their fundraiser. I'll have to post about their next one because everyone should get some! After picking up Nick we went home to devour our goods. We all love the BBQ around here-(seriously, why don't the Irish make Island BBQ instead of corned beef and cabbage?)! Kade was seriously so excited that he got white rice, his absolute favorite, for his birthday lunch-how easy is he to please?
Later that night we went out as a family to CPK to get some more free food-gotta love the birthday clubs. We had a fun time together.
Kade was super excited to get his very own giant sundae with more candles to blow out!
We then came home and opened presents. Kade got our traditional 4 year old present, a bike-a Toy Story one to boot, along with Hotwheels, a game, and a Batman set from his siblings. He seemed pretty happy with his loot.



Saturday was Kade's big party!! I kind of just threw this thing together. I had decided to alternate Kade's & Nick's birthday parties every year so it wouldn't be so stressful having them a month apart. But I started realizing that would throw off having even year birthdays which tend to be the big ones, especially 8 and 12. So, then I stressed and finally decided to suck it up and go crazy with two birthday parties ever other year and then I'll be totally off the hook the next year. I basically decided this a couple of weeks before Kade's birthday. He was totally excited that he was going to have a birthday party after all. He chose to have Toy Story as the theme. This ended up being chaos for mom. There is just no Toy Story party stuff out there! The good news is that it will be released on April 3 but that was not so good for Kade's party on March 20. Oh well. I did some juggling and found some old stuff we had and somehow pulled it together. Ben made an awesome invitation and Kade was so happy to invite all of his buddies and his "girls". After everyone arrived, we had some yummy pizza at "Pizza Planet",
















and played some fun games-Search for the Green Army Men,
Pin the body part on Mr. Potato Head,and Throw the snake in Woody's boot.We then had yummy cupcakes and ice cream. I attempted to make a cute Andy's bed cake but pretty much slaughtered it, especially after Kade decided to "help" me with it. Ha ha. Kade loved it though so it didn't matter. He had fun blowing out the candles...again. Of course all of the kids dug the cake and ice cream. I think even the adults enjoyed the cake thing.
After some way fun present opening, we had a great time hitting the pinata around. After all of the kids got a turn, Spencer was the one to finally get the thing to break and the candy mayhem ensued.








It was really fun to have such a great party for Kade!! Thanks to all of Kade's great friends that came to celebrate and make him feel special on his big day!! I know he had a most awesome birthday which makes me happy because he's a most awesome kid! Love you Kadybug!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow!! That sounds like the greatest birthday ever. I think you did great on the cake too. What a great mom you are. What a cute boy you have.....well all your kids are pretty darn cute!

Jeanine Louisiana said...

You are one awesome mommy! You're creating such happy memories for your children that will last forever! Then, they'll grow up and do the same for THEIR children! What a legacy! I love it!