Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah About the Weather and All....

It's been a rough week. My babies are sick and it's so hard. I woke up at 5 am on Sunday to the sound of my poor baby boy throwing up and then found out he'd been at it all night long. My awesome husband had totally taken over, cleaned him up, changed his sheets, and helped him every time it happened again. Meanwhile I slept and slept. What a great husband I have. Seeing how good he is with our kids can make me feel so inadequate, especially on those nights when I can't raise my sleepy head to help much.
Alexis started the puking later that night but hers didn't last long, thank goodness. Every parent hates the vomiting. It is just yucky and no fun. The nice thing about vomiting is that it goes away after a day or so. Well, not this round. It's not gone yet and added to the fun has been a whole lot of diarrhea. Arrrghh!! My poor Kadybug has been the sickest he's ever been, ever. I took him to the Dr. today and he's got strep and possibly something else. They still want to do some labs on him. Poor kid. He's just miserable, lethargic, pale, and I'm pretty sure he's lost like 5 pounds off his hefty 38 pound body. My heart hurts for how badly he feels and I miss my happy energetic kid. I wish I could make it go away for him and it's hard not being able to make him feel better.
Needless to say, we haven't slept much. The other night Kade was up every single hour, sick to his stomach. Nick's been having sleepy problems again this week and woke up one night so very confused that it scared me. I hate my kiddos being so miserable. We are all super sleepy and moody and blah, blah. blah. On top of it all, I've had the worst migraine in forever. It has been pretty constant and it has made me so very nauseous that all I've been able to do all week is lay in the dark next to my poor sick babes, cuddle, and watch countless Disney movies because they don't hurt my head. We've watched so many this week that Alexis learned a new word, "show". I am not sure how I feel about that.
So, I feel very unproductive and this bugs me. I have a huge list of things to do and can't get motivated to do a thing. Beyond that, being cooped up in the house makes me stir crazy and lonely. When we do manage to go outside to run Nick to school for a minute or something of the sort, it is just so freaking cold. Winter, really, it's time to go. Sick weeks suck. I need some sunshine. I need people. But I think most of all, I need some 30 Rock. It's time to laugh.

4 comments:

Teri said...

I hope you guys are feeling better. The weather might actually be nice today. Bonus!

Let me know if you guys need anything....seriously!

Holly said...

That is ROUGH! What a sad tale of tragedy and suffering. Hope all is well now and those cute kids are bouncing off the walls again!!!

britt said...

Sorry to hear you guys have had it soo rough lately. That is no fun for anyone, especially a mom with a migrane! Wish I lived closer to be a better friend!! good luck getting through it all :)
And thanks for the positive thoughts on tender mercies. I definitely needed to hear that!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

I didn't know McKade was that sick. I am so sorry. I am glad everything seems so much better now though.