Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Fairy Tea

I'm slacking at posting this but a few weeks ago, Skylar and I were lucky enough to go to the Fairy Tea. This is held every year at the Provo Library and every year it's sold out before we can get tickets. We were so excited when we found that they still had a few. I was even more excited that even though Skylar is all grown up (she thinks), that she still wanted to go with me. I know these moments are fleeting, so I am cherishing them as much as I can.
We were glad that our friends, Adrianne & Amy (Skylar's first little sister) were able to come join us. Amy was so much fun to watch because she was in awe of all the magic of the night. What a cutie.
Now, I've heard that this Fairy Tea was a big thing, but I had no idea. There were tons of sweet little girls, all fancied up, and even some moms too. I kind of felt under-dressed! The grand ballroom was totally decked out and there were fairies everywhere! It was really very beautiful.







Skylar was excited that her friend, Mara, was there, especially since they were some of the oldest ones.
We had a magical time watching ballerinas flit around, eating our light little fairy tea treats, and being presented to the Fairy King. My only wish is that I would've been able to bring Skylar every year since she was three because it was a really fun girly thing to do. Skylar insists that she'll still come with me for years to come. I hope so, my beautiful sweet little fairy girl. Stay little, stay little!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Emily would have LOVED that. She doesn't think she is too big for anything. Enjoy those mother daughter dates, They are the bestest!

Julie said...

That looks super fun!

Casey Jensen said...

SO cute! Let me know next year and I will bring Maddie!

Beck said...

How freakin cute is that!!! She looked SO beautiful. Hope you get to go next year :)