Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful to be thankful-Happy Thanksgiving!!!

11/22-
Ben-Hot water, Cyndi-Jesus Christ, Skylar-friends, Nick-clothes, Kade-babiesI know Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know it without a shadow of a doubt. He came to Earth to show us the way, to atone for our sins, and to help us back to our Heavenly Father. He is amazing and He is perfect. I Stand All Amazed has always been one of my favorite hymns because it just seems to be the perfect words that express how I feel about the Savior. I am so grateful for his love for me.

11/23-
Ben-imagination, Cyndi-friends, Skylar-aunts, Nick-Skylar, Kade-the Thankful tree

Friends have always been very important-probably more important than they should have been at times. I've wished that I had that one best friend since childhood. My mom and her best friend have been such since 3rd grade and I've always thought that was amazing. My "best friends" growing up and I have pretty much chosen completely different paths and we are such different people now. Because of this I think I really have a hard time letting my friends know how much I care about them but I really do love my friends deeply. I read somewhere that a woman needs five different types of friends and I am so lucky that I have friends that fill all those needs. I also have so many other friends that really make my life awesome. Thank you! I am so lucky to have such great friends.

11/24-
Ben-books, Cyndi-Trials, Skylar-uncles, Nick-the first Thanksgiving, Kade-Max & Tommy( his Joy School buddies)

Okay, so I've said it before and I hate to really dwell on it, but this year has been awful! It has definitely been the hardest year of my life personally and my heart has ached for so many others that have had it even worse. When I think of my trials they seem so insignificant as compared to those of my friends and family who have had major financial issues, many health issues, complicated adoptions, troubled marriages, and those dealing with the disappointment and grief of losing loved ones. I was talking to my mom the other day about how I just wanted this year to be behind us, and she pointed out that we are given trials for a reason and maybe the only reason was to just show us that we can get through them, not over them, but through them. That made me really think about how blessed we are to have trials, even though no one wants them. Inevitably, we learn something and we become stronger. I know that I have throughout this year. So as much as I hate trials-really, really hate them, I am thankful that I have them so I can grow.

11/25-
Ben-friends, Cyndi-my Grandma Henricksen, Nick-Pilgrims, Kade-MomMy Grandma Henricksen has always been one of my favorite people. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. I was lucky enough to get to live close enough that she has always been a significant part of my life. When I was a punk teenager, I would always think of my grandma before making a choice to do something wrong. I just have never wanted to disappoint her because I just love and respect her so much. Next week she turns 95 years old and she still looks amazing! I'm so thankful every year to have another year with someone that I love so much. I love you Grandma & Happy Birthday next week!! You're the best!!

11/26-
Ben-holidays, Cyndi-My Heavenly Father, Skylar-Heavenly Father's creations, Nick-Kade, Kade-Bear blankey

I am so thankful for my loving Heavenly Father who has given me so much to be thankful for. I am truly blessed to have so much. I am thankful for this time of year that I am reminded to take some time to reflect on all of the many blessings that I have.Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

It's so good to see the blessings through our trials. Although hard at times. I hope this new year brings much joy for all of us! Love you! Oh, my mom sat by you at releif society and thinks Alexis is GORGEOUS! As do I!

Teri said...

It has been so nice reading your Thanksgiving posts! Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts. It has helped me remember what is important in my life.

The Peterson Family said...

I really enjoyed your family's thankfulness this season. It really amazes me just how much we have to be grateful for when we really stop to think about - so thanks for sharing it all with us.