Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Fall Frolics

I love the fall! It is just beautiful, and the weather is usually just perfect. Here are some of the things we've been busy doing to enjoy the season:

The kids had a day off of school and we had big plans to spend the day at the Ogden Nature Center enjoying well, the nature. Well nature obviously was dissing us since it decided to drop down to almost freezing that day. We did some rearranging in the plans and headed to the Living Planet Aquarium instead. I love aquariums-seriously love them-and although this one is just teensy, I totally dig it and my boys do too. Skylar is not as convinced. She thinks we do too many nature things. I am so mean, huh? After a bit though, she began to enjoy herself right along with us.























So they have upped the aquarium since we've been there last by adding a South American exhibit, which is cool and all with its cool fish, giant anaconda, and even some caymans. However, this exhibit includes the one thing in this world that I am so very, very, very terrified of-piranhas! My kids think that this phobia I have is really funny but it is real. Seriously, they freak me out and always have. So I faced my fears for my kids and I even took a couple of pictures-very scary, terrifying pictures! I survived without having a panic attack and we had a great day!
This year for Joy School we have some fun field trips planned. For the Joy of the Earth and learning about animals, we headed to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. Since there are six kids in Joy school -one was sick this day :( -these kind of excursions have to definitely be a team effort so Alexis and I went along to enjoy the day. The day turned out to be quite drizzly but we still had a great time.

















The kids all got a chance to pet the animals and go on a pony ride. Kade loved his pony, which he named Peanut Butter. I love getting to be with my sweet boy and I love Joy school!








Fall Break hit and so did some beautiful weather! The kids had been begging for Ben to come with us to Cornbelly's and he was able to take half of the day off to join us. We had such a great time! They added a ton of things this year and we were fully entertained for many hours.
























I wish I had these stocks at home for when my kids act up:










There were hay rides, cow bucket rides, and lots of slides!

















The kids were so excited to head into the "Monster". They have not stopped talking about the last time we went a few years back and just had to show their dad. Kade was less than enthused after he realized it was pretty scary inside! It took some major convincing for him to go into the 3-D fun house afterward. I'm glad we got him to go because it was super fun! As the sun began to set and the temp began to drop, we got in a few minutes of jumping on the giant pillow on our way out. We had such a great day together!























We also got in a quick trip around the Alpine Loop to check out the beautiful leaves. We were pretty late and missed most of the colorful stuff but it was still so very beautiful!!

3 comments:

britt said...

YOU always do so many fun things with your kids! Such a good mom. It was great to see you guys this weekend. The baptism turned out so nice, despite the few hiccups, right?!

Teri said...

I love the aquarium! I'm so proud you took pics of the pihranas (I can't spell). I could never take a picture of something that freaked me out so bad.
Brave woman!

Laurie said...

Very fun! We love that aquarium, we need to visit again. The fall pics are so pretty!