Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful to be thankful-Week 2

11/8-
Ben-Church, Cyndi-Kadybug, S-Darth Catter, Nick-Calicat, Kade-his friend, EmilyMcKade has never ceased to keep us surprised on a daily basis. He is such a fun kid, full of excitement, energy, and tons of love! Sometimes it is hard to remember that he is just 3 years old because he's really smart and really determined to be just like the big kids. His favorite line right now is "When I grow up...." followed by so many adventures and things that he is going to do. I don't doubt that he will do all of them. He is my snuggly boy and will cuddle with me anytime I need a hug and some love. I love you my little big boy Kadybug!!

11/9-
Ben-Quiet time, Cyndi-Nicky, Skylar-Soffee, Nick-Darth Catter, Kade-His "girls"

Quick conversation about Kade's girls:
Kade: "Mom, today I'm thankful for my girls."
Me, laughing: "Your girls? Who are your girls?"
Kade: " My girls are Eli, Emily, Lavender (all our Joy School girls), and Amy (Tong). They're my girls and I LOVE them!"
What a little lady's man!!!

Today was the day that Calicat found her new home. Nick, lover of all animals, was very upset by this. He was just so sad that it broke my heart. He was just crying like crazy and I felt so guilty. I asked him if he was mad at me and he said, " No, Momma. I love you. You're awesome!" Seriously, could the kid be any more of a sweetheart? He pretty much melts my heart on a daily basis with his sweetness. Nick has always been like this. He just has a heart full of unconditional love for everyone. He is so kind, loving, and helpful. He is always looking out for his brother and sisters. Often, for no reason at all, Nick will just come give me the most giant squeeze ever. I feel so loved by him and I know others do as well. I love you my sweetest Nicky!!

11/10-
Ben-Toilets, Cyndi-Joy School, Skylar-Soffee, Nick-the Mailes, Kade-Daddy
Our cute Joy School kiddos!

Today it was my turn to teach Joy School! I just love when it's my turn! We have such a cute group this year-the biggest ever-but so much fun. We were learning about bodies this week and I had the kids show me every day what they could do with their bodies. You've never seen such creative moves! We also did an "ostacle" course outside and painted with pudding. I love learning alongside these cute kids about the joys that our Heavenly Father has given us.

11/11-
Ben-Hugs, Cyndi-Our country, S-the Coxs, Nick-Food, Kade-Getting to go to school with CamWe live in such a beautiful, wonderful country. I am so thankful for that. I am so thankful for all the men and women that protect our country and our freedoms. I am thankful for the sacrifice that they and their families make on my behalf. I feel so blessed to call the USA my home.

11/12-
Ben-Baby Alexis, Cyndi-Abby, S-Grandpa Bruce, Nick-Mom, Kade-Nick
Some of us Joy School moms a few years back. Abby & I are the pregnant ones on the ends.

I am thankful for my wonderful friend, Abby. She has always been an amazing example of the kind of wife, mother, and woman I want to be. She is beautiful, kind, thoughtful, funny, and full of grace. I have loved getting to do Joy School with her and to teach her sweet little girls. Over the last month since her husband, Naki, passed away, she has really shown such great faith and strength and has once again amazed and inspired me to be a better person. She has an amazing testimony of the gospel and has chosen to not to be defeated by the grief of her loss. She is awesome and I love her!! Grab a bunch of tissue and check her out for yourself: http://sixmailechix.blogspot.com/

11/13-
Ben-Sleep, Cyndi-Girls' Night Out, Skylar-the Temple, Nick-Dadda, Kade-My homeSome of the Girls' Night Out girls!

I love Girls' Night Out. It seems like it always comes at exactly the right time when I really need a break from my kiddos and they need a break from me. There just isn't anything you can compare to actually talking to another adult female about life and such. I am thankful for good friends that I get to spend time with. I am thankful to my husband who totally supports me when I need a night out. He knows it makes me a better wife and mother.

11/14-
Ben-Dancing, Cyndi-Being a mom, Skylar-Baptism, Nick-his best friend, Dylan, Kade-food
I am so thankful to be a mother. It is the one thing in life that I ever wanted to be and I feel so blessed. I am thankful that I get to see the wonder and amazement at the little things in life through the eyes of my children. I get to see how really fascinating snow, band-aids, popsicles, animals, and dirt are, just to name a few of the amazing things there are to see. My kids teach me to really appreciate this wonderful world we live in!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I need to do this. Especially right now in my life. Okay starting tomorrow, I will make a gratitude list. THanks for the wonderful example. Love ya!

lindseyfrancom said...

I love that you have each person in your family name something they are grateful for- you are so wonderful! I love Joy School too and I am so glad to be a part of it. Kade's girl comment is hilarious. All your kids are all just the freaking cutest. I'm also grateful for Abby and all the other wonderful ladies I have become friends with in the ward. I just love that you are doing this, and sharing it. Thanks Cindy!