Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Force Is Strong With Us Now

We have some new additions that have joined our family.

Luke the Lizard:Little Nick is fascinated with animals. He loves them! He has wanted a lizard FOREVER and has been working super extra hard for a long time saving his money and doing extra jobs so that he could get one and all the supplies to go with it. They went on sale and he had enough money for the aquarium, a few supplies, and the lizard itself. Ben & I gave him a little advance to pay for the heat lamps and he was able to go get his lizard. He couldn't have been more proud! He got a leopard gecko and has named him Luke. Nick has been awesome about working hard to pay back his loan from us, keep the lizard fed and his cage clean (with help from Mom, of course), and using his money to help pay for the crickets. Besides the new errand of a weekly trip to the pet store for crickets and the new smell that we've discovered in the boy's room, life has been pretty exciting with a lizard.

Darth Catter the cat:

So our cat, Cali, had kittens and we decided to keep one. No, we do not have three cats now. Poor Cali had to find a new home. I felt bad about this but I have really never liked that cat. She drove me crazy on a constant basis, just didn't understand the whole kitty litter process entirely, and was basically incredibly stupid. Even her mother, our other cat Soffee, was constantly annoyed by her. I tried my best to like her but I came to the conclusion that I could either spend the next 9-12 years completely irritated or bring in a replacement. After many tears and broken little hearts, my kids were convinced they'd rather have a happy mommy and agreed to pick one of the kittens in her stead. It wasn't a hard choice. Darth Catter easily found his way into everyone's laps and hearts. He is just so sweet. The kids love that he will actually cuddle with them, which is something Cali would never do. Soffee even loves him! I'm so glad we found the right kitty to join our family for good!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I HATE cats, but your kids look so cute with that kitty. I don't really hate cats. I'm terrified of them which makes me hate them. The whole Lady and the Tramp movie really traumatized me. I'm not even joking. Oh Nick, what a sweet boy. He must be so proud to have earned his pet on his own. How wonderful for him. He looks so happy!

angie said...

Yea for Nick! C and C will have to come over and meet "Luke the lizard". Skylar and Nick did good on reflections today!

Teri said...

Your pets are awesome! Earl hates cats, so I don't think we'll ever have one. Maybe I can come cuddle with Darth Catter sometime? He's too cute!