Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ben's Birthday Basharoos

We had a great time for Ben's birthday! We had to celebrate a bunch because this was a big one-the big 3-5! Ben has now officially entered the over 35 crowd. After that there's just no turning back. Ha ha. Anyway, we had some fun times to celebrate my favorite guy. On Ben's actual birthday we went out as a family to eat at Tepanyaki. This is one of those Japanese restaurants where they cook at your table. Ben is a huge fan of Asian food but the kiddos are not at all. We thought the kids would totally love the atmosphere and maybe that would help win them over to the food. It kind of worked! The totally dug using chopsticks and thought it was awesome when the chef was throwing shrimp into our mouths. They all found something that they liked to eat and we were well fed. We had such a wonderful time as a family!
The next day my parents babysat for us so that we could go out on a date. They even watched Alexis and she didn't cry at all! Yay!! We haven't been out alone forever and it was so nice! We went to see Where the Wild Things Are and out to eat some delicious Thai food. Yay for dates!!
So for those of you that know my husband you may know he is kind of anti-social. Okay, so not anti-social, but his idea of fun is relaxing at home with just our family. While this is perfectly acceptable, all who know me know that I like to be doing, doing, doing. I like socialness, even if I'm totally retarted and awkward in my attempt to be social. Anyway, back to Ben. Ben hates having birthday parties for himself. He's just not a big fan. After a few failed attempts at wooing him over from the dark side, I have given up. When his birthday rolls around, we just go out on a date and celebrate with our kiddos. This makes Ben happy. I want Ben happy for his birthday. As much as I think a big celebration is what he deserves, I want him to enjoy his birthday. Anyway, imagine my complete and utter shock when Ben suggested we have a Rockband birthday party for him this year. It honestly brought tears to my eyes. Rockband has changed our lives!!!
Anyway, we broke down and bought Beatles Rockband to expand our singing capabilities and decided to invite our closest friends. We kind of panicked when most everyone said they were coming! Our friends have greatly multiplied in the baby department over the years and inviting one couple means an extra three or four little bodies in tow. There were a lot of people in our house! Somehow we still fit everyone in and had some good food, good times, and some rockin' out!! Thanks to Rockband for the good times we had and for letting me get a chance to celebrate my Benji's birthday the way I feel he deserves! I love you Ben!! Happy Birthday!!!!

5 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun birthday! Gotta love going out for yummy Asian food. Happy Birthday Ben!

Mindy said...

So fun!! If Dennis wanted a party I would fall over from shock. Great job. Ben is just one year behind me. I am so old it hurts!!!

britt said...

sad I missed it, but at least quinn could have fun for all of us!!

britt said...

sad I missed it, but at least quinn could have fun for all of us!!

lindseyfrancom said...

Happy Birthday to Ben! I'm glad it was good. Ryan also hates to be social and doesn't ever want to do anything for it. Oh well! I love Tepanyaki! Those pictures there are GREAT!