Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Máquinas de Baile (Thank You Google Translate!)

Our kids are so lucky to get to a school that has the Spanish Immersion program. They already know so much Spanish! They know way more than my limited vocabulary. Believe me, I barely even know how to say Cinco de Mayo. I love that they have the opportunity to not only learn the language but that they also learn about the Latino culture. Every year they have the Spanish Dance Festival at the school. They sing songs in Spanish and perform different Latino dances. Nick's class sang Es Ahi and then danced to La Raspa.
Nick looked awesome in his sombrero and poncho. His dance partner wasn't able to come to the evening performance so he had to dance all by himself. He did not mind at all! He had a blast and did really well!
Skylar's class sang El Caracol Agustin and danced to Jarabe Tapatillo, the Mexican hat dance.
She was too embarrassed and would not pose for a picture for me but of course I snapped them anyway! She was especially embarrassed to have to dance with a boy. I think it was that she got switched from the boy that she really wanted to dance with! Skylar did awesome and looked like she really enjoyed herself anyway, despite the boy not being her first choice!!

After all of the dances were over all of the kids got together and sang Cantamos Americanos.
I think it's awesome that my kids get to have these kinds of experiences at their school!

No comments: