Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday....there's still my joy

I woke up with the heaviest heart and just aching for Gabriel. Oh how I miss him. Christmas this year has been the worst. I feel so sad and hopeless and my Christmas spirit is at zilch. I'm also aching for friends that are having an even worse Christmas than I am with more losses and painful angelversaries.....pain I wouldn't wish on anyone. Yet, I'm determined to make this Christmas good for my kids because they deserve it so I'm going through the motions, trying to be "normal" for them. I'm also striving to remember that with the miracle of Christmas and our Savior's birth, there is hope and there is joy. I will be with my son again and I will always have the blessing of being his mother, even if I have to wait a lifetime to hold him again.

"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." ~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Today I'm thankful that, despite the ache and pain, there's still my joy.....

No comments: