Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas!!

We got the special treat of the kids sleeping in on Christmas day until their usual waking time of 7:30! That was awesome because Ben & I had been up way late!! We actually got like 3 hours of sleep! Whoohoo!! Once the kids were up and Nick had shown us his tooth fairy & extra Santa present, everyone was so excited to go downstairs and see what Santa had brought!! We always make them wait on the stairs until we have the cameras are ready. It's the toughest moments of patience all year! The kids always run for their stockings first! We all got lightsabers in our stockings and of course Nick & Kade had to get a battle in before we could even check out what was under the tree.
Santa definitely came!! Our rockstar, Skylar, finally got the guitar (but we call it a contaur, right Sky?) she's always wanted! It's pretty awesome because it even says her name on it since the company that makes them is called Sky. She also got a new camera. Now there's two of us taking a million pictures!
Nick was stoked to get a really fast RC car, Legos, and Ben 10 figures!
Getting a picture of Kade opening his presents was nearly impossible! Crazy kid! He was so thrilled to get a flipping RC car, Trios, and Legos!
Alexis only ever asked for two things when we asked her what she wanted for Christmas...the pink princess castle and a "Tinana" doll. Her wishes were granted!She also got some cooking stuff. How cute does Alexis look in her new chef attire?Ben's favorites were an awesome statue of Obi-Wan and the anti-freeze ice cream scoops that I got him, of course! I loved getting such personal thoughtful gifts from my kids (and my Ben, who helped them). Kade got me a dragonfly necklace that matches my Gabriel ring perfectly. I adore it. Nick got me the Willow Tree Forget-me-not statue that I love. My girls and Ben made me a personal sign with our family picture and the quote from Jeffrey R. Holland, "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." It has dragonflies all over it. I absolutely love it and the thought that went into it!The kids always trade names with each other and have so much fun picking out the perfect gift for their siblings. They're always among the favorites!We also got a lot of family gifts...lots of DVDs and Wii games and Ben's work hooked us up with a new I-pod!
The kids were super ecstatic with the new car we got!! My parents bought a new couch and got the bonus of buying this RC car for just $30. They asked us if we wanted it. Of course we did!! We looked like heroes to our kids! Thanks mom & dad for the hook up!! Also thanks to our awesome friends, the Coxs, who stored it at our house and even put it together for us (including batteries and all!) so it was all ready to go Christmas morning!! That was seriously awesome!!
We ran out of time and had to hurry and have our traditional yummy breakfast of cinnamon rolls & breakfast casserole and then get ready for church. We had to pause the present opening for a bit until we were all ready. I wish I would have taken a picture of all of the kids in their Christmas outfits. They all looked so adorable! At least here's Alexis's with Kade in the background. The outfits are the same as our family picture. We went to church and the program was so beautiful. The choir did an amazing job and the 2nd counselor in our bishopric gave a wonderful talk. I actually had to say the closing prayer! Talk about pressure on a special occasion like Christmas!!

Later on after we cleaned up a bit and took some really good naps, Ben's mom, brother, Dave, and sister, Jessi, came over for dinner and more presents! We also got to skype with Ben's other sister, Emily, who lives in Arizona. The kids love skyping with Auntie Em!
The kids had so much fun with their little cousin, Kye.We had a relaxing and fun time together! We had a really wonderful day! I loved that we were able to go to church and talk about the real meaning of Christmas, especially on the day it is often forgotten with so many new presents. I am so thankful for the birth of the Savior and for the meaning it has to me personally. What a blessing to know that He has made our forever family a possibility through His birth, His death, and His atonement....the very best gifts ever!

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

cute jammies the boys have- mine would be jealous! Glad you had a good Christmas. And now i am sad I wasn't around for our sacrament meeting- but happy to hear it was wonderful!