Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in love!

Okay, so I'm a big fan of holidays. But Valentine's, yeah, not so much. Maybe it has to do with the fact that Valentine's is stuck right in the middle of the February gunky days of winter, where you are just so dang sick of it all and not even a holiday is too exciting at this point. Maybe it's because there's all this gooshy stuff around this holiday that just doesn't interest me too much~stuffed animals, light up boxer shorts, candy, etc., etc. I mean, I like romantic stuff and all but I just don't find the cheesiness of Valentine's particularly romantic. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that the love of my high school years decided that the day before Valentine's was the perfect day to break up. Ever since then I've kind of thought how sucky Valentine's is for those without someone to smooch and stuff, even if I haven't had to spend too many without someone myself. It just makes me feel bad that others have to have it pointed out to them that they are alone. Lame.
As I was complaining to Ben the other day about the whole blah Valentine's week, Skylar told us her teacher at school said, "Valentine's is the day that you get to tell all of your friends and family that you love them." and it hit me. That's why I kind of hate Valentine's! Really, do we need a holiday to have to tell someone we love them? Shouldn't that be an every day kind of thing? So, to all of you out there, my friends and family and also to the love of my life, Ben, I just want to take today, a simple Friday, to tell you that you are loved. Who needs a stinkin' holiday to say that?

Okay, bah humbug aside. Here's some fun pictures of Valentine's celebrations and such that kind of make it seem all worth it:
P.S. This little girl is finally on the go!!

6 comments:

Beck said...

LOL you are hillarious girl! Those are some stinkin cute pictures of your kids! And now I need a sugar cookie :)

Casey Jensen said...

Yay! She is finally on the move! Your kids are so cute. I can't wait for our girls night out. I saw on this show Colby was watching they have a "Gal"entines dinner every year on the 13th of February. I like this idea. Valentines is lame.

Laurie said...

I agree- we shouldn't need a holiday to tell people we love them! I love all the pics. Your kids are all getting so big. I can't believe Alexis- she's not a baby anymore!

Abby said...

Amen, Sistah. Amen. How refreshing to hear someone who feels exactly like Naki and I do! We never did anything major for Valentine's Day cuz we figured we should be doing it the whole year round!

Mindy said...

I think of it as the "reminder" holiday. Especially for the sibling relationships in this crazy household of mine. I make them be each other's Valentine's and do little "dates" and express love. Now that doesn't happen all the time, even though it should.

lindseyfrancom said...

I love Valentines too! These are great pictures, I especially love the one of Mckade with the cookies and the one of Alexis!