Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer, Week 3

Last week was busy and we:
-Begun the insanity of swimming lessons. Don't get me wrong, I love swimming lessons. I just don't love that they are every day for only a half hour. That's a lot of running back in forth in a two week span! I would love if they were twice a week for 4 weeks or something. But they are not, so every year I tote my kids to their lessons and feel frazzled the entire two weeks. Anyway, all three of the big kids are in it this year, are doing great, and loving it!!




















-Took the kids to eat free breakfast & lunch almost everyday at the school. Swimming lessons just happen to start right in the middle of lunch but the kids really wanted to eat lunch at the school so we would rush over there right at starting time, eat really fast, and then rush to swimming lessons. The kids totally believed it was worth it. I guess my lunches leave something to be desired or maybe it's all the friends they get to see there. I hope it's the friends.
-On the day we did skip lunch at the school the kids made Dumbo's Deluxe Peanut Butter (and jam, jelly, honey, apples, bananas, chocolate chips, and raisins) Sandwiches. They declared this the best lunch ever!!












-Went to see the Tale of Desperaux at the Scera Summer Movies. I think it was good but Miss Lex and I were much too sleepy to know for sure.
-I heard that they had free strawberries 'n cream at the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days concert so I figured we should check it out. I never knew what a big deal it all was. We met the Watsons there and had some good times with some yummy strawberries, good music (Do you like good music? Yeah! Yeah!), and some PG royalty.

-Went to the library for story time & Skylar's story & craft class. She made a puppet. Nick admitted that he liked the first craft class but he was never going back. That's my Nicky for you.
-Hit the park for playgroup after a rainy morning. It ended up being us and two other kids. We got a little wet. Later on the kids even got to have swimming lessons in the rain. They thought that was awesome...and cold!
-Went camping, which deserves its own post. Stay tuned.
-On our way home from camping we hit the Sundance Children's Festival in a downpour. I'm the only one that got out of the car to check it out and all of the booths were packing up. They gave me some free gigantor cookies at least. It looked like it could've been fun without the rain. Maybe next year!!

1 comment:

Jaymesmom said...

Was he there, yeah, yeah?? We have been to the Children's Festival at Sundance before. It is pretty fun. Too bad you missed out b/c of the rain!