Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our Little Graduate

A couple of weeks ago we began Nick's commencement into the world of a big kid with his graduation from preschool. Nick has had such a blast at preschool this year and I'm so glad that we decided to put him in it. His teacher, Ms. Roxi, was the absolute best and Nick has had so much fun with his buddies at school. His class had 7 kids in it, 5 of them being boys which Nick thought was the best thing ever. He never wanted to miss a day and was so excited about everything they did such as Alphabakery and super fun field trips. Here's some pics of his buddies Caden and Carsen and Josh.
For the graduation there was a BBQ at Ms. Roxi's and the kids from all of the groups put on a program for us. They sang a bunch of songs (check out Nick belting them out!) and also told the story of The Old Lady Who Swallowed the Fly. Each kid had their own part and it was so cute to watch! Nick's part was: There was an old lady who swallowed a bird. Oh how absurd to swallow a bird! Nick did fantastic and his voice was just so stinkin' cute. Since I am not very tech-savvy with getting video on here, I'm totally stealing this video off my friend, Angie's, blog for your enjoyment (Thanks Angie!):


Last week Nick took a walk that was a little more hard for me personally. He graduated from his second year of Joy School. I have so loved being one of his teachers the last two years and getting to teach him about the joys of life. He was always my little buddy at Joy school and was such a good student for me. I will truly miss teaching him. We had the graduation at our friend's, the Mailes and my parents were able to come since they had been down for my nephew, Dylan's, graduation from high school earlier in the day. My parents just happen to be good friends with the grandparents of Scott in our Joy School group and they were there too so they were able to visit. Nick and Scott have always thought it was fun that their grandparents were friends just like them. We had a great graduation ceremony with the kids and they sang some of their songs. We had a fun time!









I can't believe that Nick is now ready to head off to kindergarten. These years have gone way too fast and I am going to miss him so much when he's gone every day! Today, Nick climbed up on my lap to cuddle and I asked him if he was still my baby. He said that he was a big kid now but he promised to always be my baby. Ahh, so sweet.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Cyndi, this is so sweet and so sad. I feel it all with you. Chloe will start kindergarten in the fall. Where did the time go?

ohana=)mama said...

Wow what a fun preschool!