Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is Halloween!


In keeping with our family tradition we came up with the family theme of Aladdin this year. Or should I say Skylar did. She really wanted to be Jasmine and so we all jumped on board. It just so happens that Ben is perfect for the part of Jafar-maybe a little too perfect! So Ben was Jafar, I was Genie, Skylar was Jasmine, Nick was Rajah, McKade was Aladdin, and Alexis was Abu. She was definitely adorable in her first costume and Kade had so much fun having her as his pet! We have so much fun with these Halloween themes! We're already trying to decide on next years! I know someday my kids won't want to go along with the theme thing so I'm holding out as long as they're willing!
Last week was so much fun with all of the Halloween festivities. We started the week making chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and carving pumpkins for FHE. This is always an adventure as Nickolas hates getting his hands messy! We still make him get out all the goop so that he participates in some way but he is not too happy with it! This year we couldn't find any Aladdin templates so we just carved Jaq, Gus, and Cinderella's castle.
Nick had both Joy School and preschool Halloween parties followed by performances for the Moms. Nick totally showed off his singing talent that I'm just starting to discover! He did a great job at both!! We also hit the library for their Halloween parade as well as Skylar's school for theirs. I think the best part of Halloween is all of the fun costumes so I love just getting out & seeing people dressed up!
On Halloween day we had some spooky foods starting with Boo Berry and Frankenberry cereal for breakfast. I swear those were the best cereals when I was a kid! Did they change the flavor or just add a quart of sugar to each box or something because they are definitely disgusting now!! Anyway, for lunch Nick, Kade, & I made mummy dogs & had Bugle witch fingers and then for dinner we had Jack 'o Lantern pizza. It's always fun to make meals a part of the celebration!!
We started off trick-or-treating early by going to Ben's work where his department had made a spook alley with the wolf snake. I honestly don't get what that was but all of the trick-or-treaters thought it was awesome! We could of stopped there because we had so much candy but after dinner we still headed out for the real thing. Our kids were gung-ho! We went out for over 2 hours and they didn't even want to stop then. We hooked up with some neighborhood friends along the way and that was fun. It was such a perfect night-warmest Halloween in history, I believe. We had such a great time! I love Halloween!!!

2 comments:

angie said...

Awesome costumes!

britt said...

I admire your creativity. You an awesome mom!!