Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben!!!

Okay, so I'm a slacker. This is late but I do have to tell my sweet hubby Happy Birthday and that I love him. He's the best! He's honestly the most patient person on this planet. He's a wonderful husband and such a great daddy! Ben Folds, one of our favorite musicians, has a song called the Luckiest. The song just makes me think of how lucky I am to have Ben. My favorite line is: I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you. My thoughts exactly. I know I'm the luckiest.

One thing that does drive me crazy about Ben is his lack of enthusiasm for all things celebratory. Well, at least for him. He does not like to do anything special for his birthday. He just wants to take the whole thing in stride and relax a little. This is difficult for me being the big birthday chick I am. Anyway, I've learned to accept this and give him what he wants. Hence, no big celebration. I feel like I'm depriving him yet he feels happy. It's his day and I want him to be happy.
So we didn't do too much for his birthday. Last Saturday Ben and I went out to see the new Bond flick and ate at California Pizza Kitchen. This was kind of a pre-Birthday day out since last night we actually went to see the Twilight movie which Ben was not too excited about doing for his birthday. Bond is always good. We had a fun time. It was our first real date since the baby was born. She actually came with us but she's such a good baby so it was fine to take her along.

On Wednesday, Ben's actual birthday, he got off work a little early and then we went miniature golfing at Trafalga in their under the sea black light course. We haven't been in quite awhile. The kids had a blast! Kade pretty much figured out that throwing the ball made it get to the hole faster than using the club. He was so excited by the whole thing. It was hilarious to watch! I carried Alexis in the baby backpack so I had a handicap and totally would've kicked Ben's butt without it. Just kidding! He's a pro at mini golf. I did get one hole in one though. We had a really fun time. Afterwards we went out to eat at Red Losber (Nick has always called it that!). It was sooo yummy. I loves the seafood.

We then headed home to open presents and had some of my infamous ice cream cake. I haven't made one in years and decided to make one since my kids have never had one. My kids have decided this must be at all birthdays from now on. I agree! They're the best! We had a great day and hopefully Ben had a great birthday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

crazy to think you went miniture in NOVEMBER!! :) looks like you had a great time celebrating your hubbys birthday. The ice cream cake looks delish!! You are a good mommy!! I also love the number 3 candle on his cake! :)