Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

So I know I missed a couple weeks there...not that I wasn't thankful....I just had some really hard weeks and not enough energy to blog...besides the fact that my computer is lame (it has shut down like three times while writing this!). But I'm back for Thankful Thursday.

This week I read this article and loved it! It's a must-read:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/dont-carpe-diem_b_1206346.html

I love it because I know just how true it is. Sometimes I'm truly amazed that 11 years ago this week I found out, that after waiting and wishing for so long, I was finally going to be a mom. Then I wonder how that 11 years went by without me cherishing every single second of it because after the first year I realized just how quickly it was speeding by. Of course, there's the moments you don't quite so cherish. I've had plenty of those. But you know what? Those aren't the ones I remember...for the most part. I don't usually remember the huge major tantrums that my kids are capable of, the ginormous messes their little bodies are capable of making, or the times they've hurt my heart by doing something that disappointed me. Those ones seem to escape me....yet I know they are there...kind of like forgetting the pain of labor between babies. Parenting is tough, but it is worth every single moment of yuckiness because the moments of awesome are a million times better. I love being a mom. I love my littles. I love those moments....the kairos moments....and I love when in the moment I'm able to recognize them. This week I really thought about them and cherished every single one.

There was the moment where I watched Skylar actually bouncing in her skin because she was so excited to share something that happened during the day but someone else was talking. This is perfect Skylar...always so excited about life and loving every minute of it. I love watching her take on everything with such an eager attitude and can't wait to see the places she'll go.

There was the moment when Nickolas came and climbed up on my lap and let me hold and rock him like a baby. He's almost too big for that, but I'll do it as long as I can. I always tell all of my babies that they are always going to be my babies. Think Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. Yeah, that's me...maybe not being all stalkerish with the ladder or anything...but when I'm old, I'm still going to rock my babies...and I know Nickolas is the type of sweetness that will rock me right back. *Tear*

There was the moment that I was talking to Kade about Martin Luther King, Jr. and we talked about how unfair things can be for so many people just because they are different. Kade said he just didn't understand because one of his best buddies has black skin (African American to be p.c.) and he said, "He's one of the coolest friends I know and I love him." It was one of those moments that I was so proud of him and the love for others that he has. I'm so glad to be raising my child during a time where differences are accepted....and that all my littles know is love for everyone, regardless of their skin color.

There was the moment when little Lex had climbed into bed in the morning with us and said, "Mom, you're in my spot," because I was next to Ben. There's not too many girls in the world (in fact, there's only 2) that I would share that spot with. I love that she loves to cuddle between us. After we stopped giggling about it, she put her hand on my cheek and placed my hand on her cheek (it's something she likes to do) and we just stared into each other's eyes. Awwww......

...and Gabriel....every moment I feel him is a kairos moment that I cherish.

So, today I'm thankful for those kairos moments. I absolutely, completely love every single one. How amazing is it to be a mom?!

No comments: