Friday, March 27, 2009

Little

Little Lex hit the big 6 month mark last week. Seriously, a half a year already? I'm so bummed how quickly it has flown by. I honestly wish there was a way they could just stay little! In actuality, she is pretty little. Tiny even. My girls have lucked out in getting the tiny Jordan genes. I took Alexis to the Dr. yesterday and she is only 12 lbs. 4 oz. which is like the 3rd percentile for her age. Teeny! She is still able to fit in a lot of 0-3 month clothes so we're getting good use out of those. I'd be a little more concerned about how little she is but Skylar was exactly the same way. Kade, on the other hand, has the Jensen genes and is close to needing a diet! It's so crazy how we can have such extremes in our little family! Look how tiny she is in her jumper:








Cute little Lexi has totally changed her looks since she was born. I could have sworn that she'd have brown eyes when she was born but now they are the bluest blue and they are always open wide! She's taking everything in! She also is totally going blonde. Her hair is still pretty dark for the most part but has a lot of golden highlights and I'm pretty sure that as soon as the sun hits it when it warms up outside, the dark will be replaced. Pictures don't do it justice. I guess she's a mini-me after all.
Alexis is doing all the fun things that 6 month olds do: rolling all over, babbling, playing with toys, putting everything in her mouth, grabbing for everything that comes in sight, and drooling like crazy. She loves the whole solid food thing and would prefer that she was in charge of it so that she could eat everything we have. She is extremely ticklish, especially on her neck (Grandpa Bruce gives the best nuzzies!). Her laugh is adorable. She really hates tummy time and gets so frusterated at it so I'm guessing she's got awhile until she likes it enough to try crawling. She is still pretty calm and happy most of the time but she has a crazy temper if things don't go her way. It's really kind of cute how mad she gets. She is so fun to have in our house and everyone loves her so much. We're so blessed to have her in our family. The only thing I wish is that the rest of this year will go much slower!!

3 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

I'm glad my girls have the skinny Clark genes and my son (hopefully both of them) has my big Bayles genes.

Beck said...

So cute! I cant believe how teeny Lexis is. Alli weighed 13.4 at her 4 month. She is 5 months today. The first picture of Alexis holding her toes is too cute! She is adoreable! Love her blue eyes!

ohana=)mama said...

Those expressions are priceless!