Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wise Words From the Prophet

General Conference was this last weekend. It's such a blessing to be able to hear from the apostles and prophet of our church. I feel that in spite of all that is happening in our world today that the speakers tried to emphasize that there is so much to be thankful for, to hope for, and to find joy in. Our trials can really be blessings if we have the right attitude. I especially loved President Monson's talk. It was exactly what I needed to hear.


"Let us relish life as we live it; find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."

~ Thomas S. Monson

2 comments:

Beck said...

Yeah I totally heard the same thing be thankful. I need to stop asking for things in my prayers (like "please let alli come soon...i hurt so bad...im so ready) and instead be grateful that I have a healthy baby who will be able to come home with me and not be in the nicu.

Oh cindy Im sorry, I feel like Im always venting when I comment on your blog. I guess its just bc I feel like you were right where I was not too long ago.

Gina said...

That quote is wonderful. It's so easy to get caught up in everything going on in the world. Conference is always a good refocusing time. :)