Friday, October 17, 2008

Bring on the Binkies!!

Alexis is such a Jordan baby. She wants to always suck on something, just like her older siblings. But mom's not about to go through the thumb sucking thing again, since I'm pretty sure Kade will suck his thumb until he's 13! I was none too happy when I caught her with her cute little thumb sucking away-it was definitely time to call in the binkies!
So we've forced a binky on my sweet little baby. I feel a little mean. Alexis seems a little more flexible than Kade was and will at least take a binky for a bit. She makes the same gagging face that he did and isn't a huge fan of it but I will not give up! She definitely prefers the Soothie brand over the Nuk though. I think the Nuks are much cuter but I guess fashion will just have to suffer if it keeps that thumb out of her mouth!!

5 comments:

Gina said...

I'm so jealous! I've lways wanted a "sucker" baby. Binks seem so wonderful and easy. Lucky!

ohana=)mama said...

I loved Jimmy's tumb because I never lost it! I thought it was a blessing but who knows how long he'll suck on it for. Oh well the harms already done right!

rachel said...

Don't even feel guilty, I totally did that to Brady, he started out being a thumb sucker, and at 4 months I just kept putting the binky in as soon as I saw his thumb go in... it took about 2 weeks to break the thumb! I am grateful now for sure! Better now than at 5!

Beck said...

I know! Binkis are definately a necessity. They make the soothy ones in pink now too. They are so cute. I saw them at Target.

angie said...

I love binki's and I'm forcing one on Lakin too!