Monday, April 21, 2008

One Crazy Week!

So I haven't been blogging too much lately because well, I'm pregnant. There hasn't been too much to report besides the nausea, puking, exhaustion, awesome migraines I can't do anything about, etc., etc. that go with being pregnant and that's not too interesting. I have lucked out with an awesome husband that brings me breakfast in bed every morning (even if it's just an Instant Breakfast!) so that I can actually attempt to get out of bed with something in my stomach and not pass out or throw up. What a sweet guy! Also, I've had amazing kids that don't seem to mind that I sleep in every morning and doze all afternoon as well. They are perfectly content with being total couch potatoes and having their minds turn to mush. So, to put it simply, we haven't been doing too much.
The last week was an exception. Skylar's school was off for Spring Break so I promised her that we'd do some fun things. We were kind of behind in Joy School so we decided to not take any time off for the break and have it anyway. So it was our turn to have it at our house on Monday and Wednesday. Skylar was so excited to get to help out! The unit was on Interest & Curiosity (have I mentioned I LOVE Joy School?) and we had Mr. Nobody visiting the whole week. The kids got to write a book, make rainbow Karo syrup pictures, do some creative dancing, and make creatures out of their snacks. We had a really fun week.
On Tuesday, my friends and I headed up to IKEA for a day of shopping. It is seriously the best place to go shopping with your kids. My kids absolutely love it there! We were able to get all 7 of our kids into the play land place for an hour and just shop with the 2 little ones too young to go. It was so nice! I was able to get a new nightstand for our bedroom and get a little closer to completing the ongoing makeover to get our room done after all these months of working on it. We also got some lunch. We had a fun time. When we left we were even lucky enough to hit the awesome blizzard that hit that left at least 4 inches of snow. Isn't it supposed to be late April?!? It was crazy!

On Thursday we did the library thing (see previous Eric Stoltz sighting!) and then headed to the mall to get Nick's birthday pics taken. That of course, ended up being an all afternoon thing so we also got some lunch there. We also went to Build-a-bear where Skylar made a bear for her best friend, Camille, who's birthday was on Friday. We also did a lot of running around to get ready for Nick's birthday party which was on Saturday.
Friday was our craziest day by far. It was finally a super nice Spring day so we headed up to Hogle Zoo along with our friends and a thousand other people. I have never seen it so busy there! Despite the crowd, we had such a nice day. We haven't been for awhile so it was fun to see Kade's reaction to all of the animals. The highlights of the day were the penguins, the elephants, and the awesome white crocodile. We decided to get a season pass this year and can't wait to get back with Ben!

So after the long day at the zoo, we literally pulled into our garage, Skylar ran in to get her present for Camille, Ben got in the car, and we headed over for dinner at Camille's house for her birthday. Her family invited our family over for delicious, gourmet, homemade pizza and cake and ice cream. We had a really nice night with them. We didn't get home until after 10 and needless to say our entire family was completely exhausted.

Saturday was equally as crazy. Ben and Nick had a morning out and went to Big Guys, Little Guys at the library. I heard that they got to pet snakes, saw sword fighting, played games, and ate some lunch. Nick was so excited about getting to have a day out alone with his dad. They had such a great time together. That afternoon was Nick's big birthday party-which deserves an entire post itself. So, the week was quite a big one-I guess to make up for the last few months being not too exciting. I definitely hope this week will include many afternoons of my kids being couch potatoes and me snoozing away. I need it!

No comments: