Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Celebrity Encounter

So I've come face to face with a few celebrities in my time. No one too exciting. I've seen the usual Utah celebrities: Steve Young, Marie Osmond, Donny Osmond, etc., etc. When I was 17 I sold something to Sigourney Weaver at the mall. When Ben and I were at Disneyland a few years back we sat next to Geena Davis & her entourage during lunch. There's also a few pro skaters I've had the pleasure to encounter: Chris Senn, Steve Caballero, Bucky Lasek, Gershon Mosely, Brian Howard, and Tony Hawk himself. These have all been pretty exciting.
Anyway, every week I take my kids to the library for story time. I've been doing it since Skylar was way little. It's part of my weekly routine. We sing some songs, get our wiggles out, listen to a story, and watch a puppet show. Once KSL news was there and the kids and I did end up on TV. Other than that, nothing unusual has ever happened. Until today.
Who shows up at today's story time? Eric Stoltz!! I couldn't believe it. He was with some chick and a little girl just acting like any old dad taking his kid to story time. But he's not any old dad-he's Keith from Some Kind of Wonderful-one of my favorite 80's flicks! I have to admit I was a little star struck. Not that he's a real hotty or anything but he's just sooo cool in Some Kind of Wonderful as the artsy nerdy guy. I always had a mini crush on him. Anyway, in person, he's really super skinny and definitely wears a lot of makeup on film because he has a TON of freckles. I walked right next to him while he was reading a book to the little girl and it was definitely him-totally his voice. I was so amazed and am embarrassed to admit that he caught me a few times staring. For the most part, he went pretty much unnoticed-most of the moms there are probably like 21 and have never even heard of him but one girl was getting his autograph at the end of story time. I'm not one that really cares about autographs but I wish I had the guts to approach him and ask him what the heck was he doing at Provo Library's story time?!? Crazy!!
Eric Stoltz

1 comment:

britt said...

that is soo funny...YOU star struck!