Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekly Wrap-up

Well this last week has been a blur of busyness. Since Ben's been out of work, I've been trying to work a little more to bring in a FEW bucks for groceries. I just work at home a couple of hours a day-doesn't pay great but adds a little more change to the pocketbook and I get to stay home with my kids. Anyway, I've only been working like one extra hour a day but I have felt so frazzled! I honestly don't know how working moms do it!! Ben started his new job this morning so I'm hoping that means I can go back to my casual 1-2 hours a day and breathe again! The kids have loved having their dad home all day! Poor little McKade has not wanted to take naps so he won't miss out and has had a cold all week that he's just not shaking. We've all been sleeping in since Ben's been getting up later and that meant a crazy morning rush all week. I was thankful to have Ben's help. He also got a bunch of projects done around the house. We all wish he was home all day everday!!!
So Ben took a job at Wingate Web. It is a company that creates software for large events, conventions, expos, etc. He will be working in the User Interface department-I think-don't quote me on that. It should be a good job for him-more money, AWESOME benefits, and he'll be doing stuff he wants to do. Downside-they may be moving their office to Bluffdale (20 min. away) in January-meaning a commute that we aren't used to. More pay means we can get another, and much needed bigger car so Ben is free to take our car but we will definitely miss having him so close. But for now, they are located pretty close and we'll just cross our fingers that they decide to move closer! I hope it works out for him. I just want him to be happy wherever he's working.
It was my turn to teach Joy School last week. We learned about Spontaneous Delight and it is by far the funnest week of Joy School so I was glad it was my turn. We had an un-birthday party for everyone and painted with shaving cream. It was fun to just get to be goofy with the kids-especially since Nick is our goofball in the family.
Skylar had Parent Teacher Conferences this last week too. Of course, she's doing great in school. She loves it. We really like her teacher too. Her teacher said that there's a boy in Skylar's class that has a hard time concentrating unless Skylar is sitting next to him or holding his hand. I thought that was the sweetest thing. She's such a great help to me too. I'm glad she's loving school so much.
The kittens have just taken over our house at this point. They're not really much trouble but they are always underfoot. They wrestle with one another and seek us out to play now. It's so much fun. It's so funny to watch Soffee with them now because she's at the point where she has to wrestle them down to clean them and you can tell that she's frustrated with their constant playing but she's such a good mom that she tolerates it. I can totally empathize. They are eating cat food and litter trained for the most part and just growing up too fast. It's time to start looking for new homes for them. It's such a sad thought because they've really been such a blast!! Q-Tip is still my favorite and I'm working on Ben to let him stay. Ben's such a tolerant guy of my house of pets but I'm not sure if he's that tolerant!! I'll keep working though.
Saturday and Sunday was our LDS General Conference. The times for conference just happen to coincide with Kade's naps so this year we were able to actually listen to the talks! I felt like there was a general theme about family this year, which I loved. Family is just so increasingly important to me as I get older. I remember the days of my youth when I was sooo into friends and I feel bad that I took my family for granted. I hope that my children will never do that but I'm sure they will. Anyway, I loved conference and feel so blessed that we get to have the opportunity to hear from the prophet and other leaders of the church twice a year.

No comments: