Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekly Wrap-up

Fall Break wasn't a total loss. Skylar still had school off on Monday so I hauled the kids up to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point for some fall fun. They were totally stoked about going into the "creature". I was surprised because it's a little freaky-it's making loud breathing noises and moving- but they wanted to do it first! What daring kids! We also got to go on a hayride (complete with HORRIBLE country music!), go through the corn mazes, go on the cow train, and play on all the fun things they have there. The kids all got their faces painted too. Skylar got a butterfly, Nick got a Tiger, and Kade got a little spider. They all looked so cute! We were there for 4 1/2 hours and really had a fun time. Everyone was wasted afterwards, but especially the tiger in the back seat!
The middle of the week was filled with church stuff-Enrichment on Tuesday, Young Men's on Wednesday, and we went to the temple on Thursday for the first time in awhile! Thanks mom & dad for the offer to babysit! My parents live basically next door to the Jordan River Temple so it's so easy to drop the kids off and head there. I really need to go to the temple more often. My life is so hectic and it is really the only place where I can just forget about everything and relax.
On Friday, I headed up to Thanksgiving Point again with the Joy School kids to go to the farm there. It wasn't my day to teach but McKade & I went along for fun. Kade was totally into all the animals-no fear from him. Nick was so excited about riding a horse! He was trying so hard not to smile too big. It was so cute!
Ben ended up feeling sick the rest of the weekend so we basically just chilled so he could feel better. He did magically get better in time for his nerdy LAN party on Saturday night. Then this morning we woke up to snow! I am not a fan of snow and am kind of sad it's already here! I do have to admit that it is beautiful!

1 comment:

britt said...

Wow what a fun, busy mom you are. Makes me feel pretty lame, after I see all the fun places you've taken your kids. If I loved closer to you guys I would join in on all the fun for sure!
Sounds like you guys had lots of Halloween fun.