Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Grandma's Funeral

Okay, so I need to blog about Gabriel's birthday...it was a good day...but I'm still waiting on some pictures from my personal photographer (haha) and my grandma's funeral came first. Can I just mention how weird it was to not have that sweet woman at Gabriel's balloon release? It was the first event without her there when I'm so used to her always being there for the special days in my life. I miss her so much already.

My grandma's funeral was nice. When we went to the viewing the night before I told my kids that Grandma would look different but she didn't. She looked so beautiful and peaceful and looked as if she could just sit up and give us all a big hug. It was so nice that she looked so much like herself.

The funeral service was really good. My brother, Jerry, spoke about the gospel and did a wonderful job. My cousins talked about some memories...there's so many great memories of our grandma. All of the grandkids and great-grandkids got up and sang a few primary songs my grandma loved. As we sang Love One Another I just sobbed because that song is just all about my grandma and has always been the song I associate with her. Who am I kidding? I sobbed through the entire funeral. I love my grandma so much and although I know this will be just a short separation, I am just going to miss her so much....plus I'm a big bawl baby these days.

Immediately after the funeral they had the family luncheon. I guess my grandma wanted it that way so that we could all attend the "party" part while we were all still at the church because she was afraid some would just leave after the cemetery. That's my grandma. She just loved a party!

The graveside service was at the Lehi Cemetery. Of course I was still hobbling on crutches at the time. It was a beautiful day!
My cousins and brothers as pallbearers.
It was amazing to see almost all of my family there for my grandma's funeral. There were probably only a handful of my grandma & grandpa's extensive posterity that weren't there...mostly just a few in-laws and greats were missing. At the graveside I asked everyone to squeeze together for a picture. It wasn't the most organized thing, but hey, we did it.Then we attempted just a Jensen pic since it's not often that we're all together. This would've been almost complete if my boys, their cousin, Jonah, & my brother, Al hadn't taken off to the car. So much for getting us all together...but here's most of us:
Just so Al is included on this, here's a pic of my twin brothers Ed & Al...and my nephews who are looking all teenage-like these days (weird).
And here's us Jordans:My kids were so blessed to know their great-grandma. Here's my grandma's beautiful coffin...just perfect for the beautiful woman she was. We will miss you immensely, Grandma. Give our Gabriel lots of hugs and love. We love you both so very, very much!
P.S. Grandma, if you can put in a good word for us, we're all aching and praying for another little Jordan to be sent our way. We know you're good at arranging things....we'll always, always give you credit for bringing Ben & I together.

2 comments:

lindseyfrancom said...

Glad you could blog about it. I didn't even think about taking pictures- although a nieghbor ended up taking one of my family and me, I haven't seen it yet. Her coffin is beautiful and it is really great that your kids got to know her and you got so much time with her. That is something I am grateful for right now- Max and Channing, although they lost their grandma, they still have 4 great grandma's around! And sorry she wasn't at the balloon releasing in body- I am sure she was with you in spirit though.

Melissa said...

My grandmas favorite song is Love One Another and I too associate that song with her. I always think of her when I hear it. I know my days are also numbered with her and I am not looking forward to the day when she passes. I am so sorry for your loss Cyndi...your grandma seemed like the sweetest lady. You and your children are lucky to have her in your life. I am sure she is still with you in spirit comforting and loving you...