Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Story

Awhile back I found this wonderful website called Faces of Loss. It puts a face on this world of baby loss. It's so sad to see how many people have to deal with the loss of a baby and the excruciating pain that comes from that. Often it's not talked about and that can leave one feeling very alone. The stories on this website have helped me to know that I wasn't completely alone in this. They have also given me a greater appreciation for the gospel and the plan of salvation and what a blessing it is through this journey. I can't imagine doing this without it. A week or so ago, on Gabriel's half birthday, I finally submitted my story, and today it was put on the site. Maybe my story can help someone else going through this pain. You know the old saying about helping one person.

Here's my story:

http://www.facesofloss.com/2011/02/cyndi-mom-to-gabriel-benjamin-stillborn.html#more


P.S. Do you know how hard it was to find a decent picture of me that didn't have a child's face smooshed up to mine...just the way I like it? I love my kiddos!!

We love and miss you sweet baby Gabe!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Thank you so much for sharing Gabriel's story. It really does help to know that I am not alone.

lindseyfrancom said...

Beautifully written Cyndi. I am glad you are able to connect with other mothers in the same situations.