Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back To School!!

So I've been in denial but I guess that summer is over and the kids have all gone back to school.
Skylar started 2nd grade this year! I have so many memories of myself in 2nd grade that it's kind of fun to think what a great year it's going to be for her. She is in a Spanish immersion class from here through 6th grade and is loving it! She loves the challenge of having something else to keep her learning more and more. She already knows more Spanish than me. Skylar is one of those kids that just loves every minute of school and that is awesome!Nick started kindergarten this year! This was a hard one for me. I know how quickly they change into a school-age kid and I am just not ready for that! I kept telling Nick that I was bummed that he was going to school and that I was going to miss him. He replied "Momma, you should be excited for me and sad for you." Such wise words! I am excited for him! Nick has the same teacher that Skylar did and we just love her so we're glad he got her. So far, he's really loved it and it's so fun to see him thrilled about all there is to learn!
McKade started Joy School this year! I love Joy School! I love that he gets to learn all about the joys that life has to offer and that he gets to make friends and have fun. I love that I also get to be his teacher every now and then. I love that I get to decide who his teachers are and that they are all people that I trust and respect. This world is scary and I'm just not ready to hand my kids over to complete strangers. This year there are 6 kids and 6 moms-our largest group ever! It will be nice to have such a long break in between teaching. Maybe I can get something done with such a great break! Kade is loving it but is anxious about it finally getting to be our turn at our house.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Cyndi I can't believe that your kids are getting so big. That means that my kids are getting big. Which also means we're getting old. BOO! Your little ones are adorable!