Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekly Wrap-up

Well, it's official. I'm totally beyond done with winter. I'm so tired of being cooped up in the house! Having had someone in our house sick the entire month has finally taken it's toll on my sanity. We are finally all healthy-knock on wood! But the week was still just filled with the humdrum stuff of everyday life. Nothing too exciting to report. We were lucky enough to get a Cranium Super Fort on clearance to add to our Mega Fort. This has made for some amazing giant forts that have kept us entertained for hours. We even have enough building sticks to make a room for each kid so that no one has to fight. It's been sooo nice.
Ben had his Scout's Klondike camp out on Friday night. I'm a huge fan of camping but this is the one time of the year that I am soooo glad that I don't have to go sleep in the snow. Ben has finally accumulated enough supplies that he stayed warm in the freezing cold. So I think he actually enjoys it now, but he'd never admit it!
After Ben got home on Saturday we took the kids to see the Veggie Tales Pirate movie at the $1 show. My kids have been totally into Veggie Tales lately. They're a little funky and Ben and I are both a little bothered about them not having arms to hold things (objects just float in the air next to them-a little disturbing) but at least they teach some good values. Afterwards we dropped Skylar off at BYU to go see the Living Legends dance concert with Ben's mom. It's a show that has Native American, Polynesian, and Latin American dances. It's really an awesome show-I wish we could have all gone-but the boys are too little. However, our little dancer absolutely loved it and loved having a Girl's Night Out with her Grandma Cammi!

1 comment:

britt said...

we have that fort too, but our isn't that big.
IT can make quite the mess though, so we only pull it out once in a while.
that legends show is awesome!