Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wild Weekly Wrap-up

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to die soon from some sort of stress attack or something because for some reason I like to keep myself so busy and running ragged that I really don't have time to think. This week was a great example of this. It was soooo busy and I was all to blame.
On Monday, the kittens took the long drive to the pet store to find new homes. I read somewhere that if you don't know the person that they are going to that it is really much better for them to go to a pet store where people are willing to pay for them because they are then more invested and will treat them right and not torture them or something. When I had tried to take them before the pet store had too many kittens already so I had to wait. While waiting I decided to just try advertising them at the message board at the store and in the newspaper. No one called so I felt good when the pet store called and wanted them. So, as soon as I dropped them off (followed by an hour of sobbing from sweet Sky), the calls started coming. I'm pretty sure I've had at least 20 calls since. On Saturday we went to see if the kittens are still at the pet store and they all are, so I felt so bad that they haven't found homes yet when I know I could've found them one. I just really feel an obligation to these sweet little kitties so I am crossing my fingers!!
By the way, Ben gave in to the desires of his family and allowed us to keep Q-tip so we are now officially a two cat home! Poor Q-tip just moped around the first day after the others left and Soffee wandered around quietly calling for them. It was so sad to see! But they have now adjusted to the two of them and are so sweet together. Soffee has really gotten so much more playful with just Q-tip around and it's really been fun to see.
On Tuesday I headed up to my parents house so that the kids could do the trick-or-treat thing there. My mom and dad don't get any other trick-or-treaters because they live in a gated community so they pile on the candy and my kids are more than happy to accept. After my parent's house I decided to go to the Thanksgiving Point Farm thing because we hadn't used up all of our punches at the Barnyard Boo when we had gone for Joy School. Skylar was so excited because she was jealous the boys had gotten to go without her. We had a lot of fun doing all the fun Halloween stuff they had there.
Since my accident last month my neck, lower back, and knees have been bugging me a little bit. I finally decided to go to the chiropractor just to get an adjustment or two and see if it would help. So I went to my chiropractor who is really the most awesome one out there and apparently I am totally messed up and have just not been feeling it. It's totally different than any other pain I've had from accidents before because this is the first one that I've been broadsided. I'm so glad that I went in to get help and didn't just keep ignoring it. So to top off my busy life I will be going to the chiropractor every day for the next couple weeks. Yeah for me!Of course Wednesday was Halloween and so busy but so much fun!! I'm totally into dressing up and celebrating right along with my kids. We always try to do a family theme-this year we were the Justice League complete with Superman (Ben), Wonder Woman (me), Supergirl (Skylar), the Flash (Nick), and Batman (McKade). We spent the day totally busy with parades at Skylar's school and Joy school. We also did the trick-or-treating rounds to Ben's work, my brother's house, and my Grandma's as well as the neighborhood haunted house, the trick-or-trunk at our church, and then going around the neighborhood that night. Kade figured out the candy thing very quickly and turned into a gluttonous monster-he was practically running to each house and wouldn't even let us touch his bag! The kids all ended up with way too much candy that hopefully will find it's way to the garbage instead of their teeth!
This weekend we spent a lot of time with the Tongs as we went out to eat with them and our other friends, the Hoens, on Friday night and then babysat their kids on Saturday night. It's so much fun to hang out with them! We seriously miss living next door to them and hanging out every night. The things we know about each other would be cause for serious blackmailing! Anyway, as we were babysitting on Saturday night we put McKade to bed and then turned on a show so the other kids would be quiet and he could sleep. Ben and I were in the office and heard from the other room "Skylar, do you want to cuddle with me?" Skylar and "Dado" have had this romance going on since birth but it's starting to get more & more serious! Skylar insists that they are getting married, she will love him forever, and never change her mind! It's kind of cute but something we definitely need to keep an eye on. Don't worry, Ben quickly put the cuddling idea to rest!
P.S. Happy Birthday to my sister, Sters!! You are the best sister and friend and I love ya!

No comments: