Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday: I have great kids!!

 A month ago yesterday was the day that our little Reese entered the world, silent and still, but just perfect...too beautiful for earth. It was a bittersweet day as I expected it to be. I wish he was still here so much, but I am trying to accept God's will and finding some peace in that and trying to concentrate on the fact that he is still my baby and he's still a part of our eternal family. I'm so thankful for the happiness he has brought our family in the short time he's been a part of it. 

Every time I've had a baby I've grown my hair out and donated it to Locks of Love after the baby was born. I just barely donated for Gabriel on Gabriel Day, January 7, of this year, so my hair is still pretty short and won't be ready to donate for awhile. Skylar has been wanting to donate hers for awhile though. She decided that she could donate for me and that the perfect day to do it would be on the one month mark of the day little Reese was born. 

Here she is about to go for the cut. These next two pics are from my cell, so pretty awful:
Her hair was so long!
We went to Great Clips where they will cut the hair for free if you are donating to Locks of Love. Skylar was a little nervous getting in the chair. She's donated before, but it's always a little nerve-wracking to get that much hair cut off in one big cut! 
Measuring to see if her hair is long enough to donate! It was definitely long enough!
 
There it goes!! 
Awww....she looks so cute!!



Here she is, holding her hair! 
That's a lot of hair, Uncle Ed!!
Skylar was just beaming afterwards. She was so glad to do this in memory of her little brother. She loves him so much and has really struggled with his loss. She puts on a good face, but it's been hard to see her struggle in private. She is just so beautiful....inside and out!! I'm so thankful for the sweet, tender-hearted children that I have been blessed to have here. I'm thankful that they love their little brothers and love to do things for them and remember them. They find such joy in keeping them a part of our family and I love that they want to. I'm thankful to see their little testimonies of the Plan of Salvation growing and know that is one of the blessings we've had from losing these babies. These sweet babies of ours were given to us for a reason and I'm thankful to have them too. I have great kids!!


3 comments:

rachel said...

you do have amazing children... taught by their amazing mother! Love you Cyndi, I was going to call you the other day and realized I didn't have your # saved on my phone?! So I'll message you on facebook and get that.

Great Clips said...

What a great story, you definitely have some great kids!

We'd love to post a link to this on our Facebook page if that's okay with you :)

-Great Clips Customer Service

Gallegos Newsletter said...

What a wonderful young lady! It is so nice to read such heartwarming stories such as this. I am very sorry for your loss, I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. But then to have such a sweet young daughter who is willing to share that with others. I have read two other blogs in the past few days that remind me what a wonderful world we live in. Sometimes all we hear about is the hate and distruction and to hear a nice story is well just that - nice! I don't know you and your family - saw your story on FB the Great Clips page - please tell your daughter Thank You!