Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our Fantastic Four...plus one more

So if you haven't heard (and pretty much you've heard, right?)....we're having another baby!! So as much as so many people told us not to mess with the so called "perfect family" (2 girls, 2 boys) we've gone and messed with it. We felt that little nagging feeling that someone was missing and so we decided to give it a little try and before we could really get used to the idea, we were having a baby. But we are so excited and know that this little one is meant to be in our forever family!!
Today was that moment of truth when we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat and confirm that that the reason for all the yuckiness, exhaustion, and other joys of early pregnancy actually meant there was something in there. I love that moment when you hear that little swish swish sound. It's the most precious little sound ever and always such a relief to me to know that little heart is doing its job. Ben wanted to come to the Dr. with me so we towed in all of our kiddos and got to watch their eyes light up as they realized it was their baby's little heart making that noise. We only got to hear it for a few seconds here and there as the baby kept jumping all over the place. The Dr. declared this one a swimmer, which I can concur, as I'm pretty sure I've already felt those little swishy feelings-my other favorite thing about being pregnant. We can't wait to see who this active little guy is going to be and feel so very blessed.
So right now I'm about 13 1/2 weeks and this is usually about the time we announce. There was no waiting with this one though, especially since it's our 5th and my stomach muscles were shot with my blasted c-section and long recovery. Even if I could've hid it somehow, we were confronted a few weeks ago with the conflict of going to Lagoon for Ben's work party and having to explain to the kids why I couldn't ride many rides. So the night before Lagoon we decided to tell the kids. Ben wrapped up a "Mom-to-be" balloon in a box with Christmas wrapping paper and we told the kids we had a really early Christmas present for them. They were so excited about that in itself. When they opened the present, the balloon burst out, and Skylar and Nick both read it out loud. Then the realization kicked in. It was awesome to catch their faces. Skylar squealed and jumped up and down. Nick was ecstatic-he has been talking about how he just knew we had another baby in heaven for the last year and was so excited he was right. Kade just ran around all crazy Kade-like with the balloon and we weren't sure he got it but he confirmed he did and was excited about more than the balloon. Alexis just sucked her thumb. I'm sure this will be a whole new thing for her but she absolutely adores babies so I think she'll love having a baby to mother. Now when we ask her where the baby is she points to herself. If we ask her again she points to my tummy...so she's kind of getting the idea.To tell our parents we sent them Christmas cards and wrote inside "We wanted to let you know early that your Christmas present may be a little late. Baby Jordan #5 due January 7." We thought it was a fun way to get the word out to all of them at the same time. Once the kids knew the news, it spread like crazy and I'm pretty sure most know by now.
So now the long wait begins until we can meet this new member of our family. I have to admit that I am not a fan of pregnancy and can't believe I'm actually putting myself through this again. I already have the feeling that I'm done after this-which I've heard you do some day feel-so that's nice...and kind of sad at the same time. I'm trying to treasure every moment of the pregnancy, as much as I can, feeling that. I feel so very blessed that I was ever given the gift of being a mother in the first place-something I wanted and ached for so long for-and to have the chance to once again be a mother to another precious baby is such an overwhelming blessing. These babies Ben and I get to have are our greatest treasures. We can't wait to meet you baby #5!!

9 comments:

Beck said...

That is such a cool story!!!! What a fun way to tell your kids...and your parents. Too cute! Congrats you guys!!!

Teri said...

So excited for you all! Enjoy this to its fullest....especially if you know it is your last one. We knew Chloe was our last, and although I don't enjoy being pregnant I found much more joy in the journey that last time.

Can't wait to meet Jordan #5!!

britt said...

what a fun way to tell your kids and family! congrats once again!!

Unknown said...

congrats on # 5! so exciting. enjoy every minute

my guess is a boy although I am ALWAYS wrong so I am sure it is another girl! :)

BBC said...

so exciting! can't wait to hear what you're having!

Laurie said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! and what a fun way to tell your kids!

Casey Jensen said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet baby #5 either!

Olivia McCord said...

Congrats! I'm due Jan 18 - yeah for babies!

lindseyfrancom said...

This is so exciting. I hope I know when I am done also!

You guys are so creative for presenting it the way you did.

CONGRATULATIONS!