Thursday, January 22, 2009

We loved to see the temple.


We were very lucky to have the chance to go to the new Draper Temple Open House on Monday. It was even greater that most of my family could join us. My dad was so proud to tell everyone (and I mean everyone!) that our group consisted of 20 people. I'm glad he sees us as such a blessing he feels the need to brag. I feel the same.
The temple was absolutely beautiful. I love how this temple has the creation rooms with beautiful murals on the wall that depict what a wonderful world we live in. It was so wonderful to get to look into the mirrors in the Sealing room and see my own family reflected forever and ever. McKade really loved all of the mirrors. The celestial room was amazing! The enormous chandelier was like a giant sparkling rainbow, which quickly made it Skylar's favorite room. When we asked Nick what his favorite room was, he quickly replied, " The cookie room." They were serving cookies at the church next to the temple. I guess when you're 4 1/2 years old that is pretty cool.

2 comments:

Beck said...

That is so cool! How long is that going on for? I would love to go with our kids. What a cool experience for them to see the inside. Good teaching experience.

Unknown said...

we went on saturday, WOW LOVE the celestial room! WOW that chandaler was BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW!! Anika loved the temple. She asked me if we were going to go and pick up her baby at the temple. OH I so wish it was THAT easy to have a baby! :)

how cool for your family go all go together!!! :)